• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Competitive Events Sub Forum"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Anyone know what this is? I was gone last night so I have no idea what I came back to. An explanation would be nice.

If anyone doesn't know, make this a topic for temporarily discussing it.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Well I’ll explain as much as I can in this post.

Recently I have been talking with JV, from MLG, and we both agreed on the fact that the competitive side of Smash64 has bitten the dust. BUT we don’t want that, so we are going to try and revive the lost wonders of Smash64!

The competitive events section will contain official (or at least as official as you can get for Smash64) ladders, tourneys, and some other specific events (Hopefully JaimeHR, or someone else if he gives permission, will host his “The series” again ^_^)

And for people hosting tourneys, the competitive sub forum will provide an area that won’t push the threads away from sight.

It will be open once I get enough material to keep peoples interest.

On a side note, we will be trying to connect the EGX server and SWF together in hopes of getting some of the casual players interested in the competitive side 

ALSO if anyone has any ideas on how to get the smash64 competitive scene out to the public, that would be great. I believe many Brawl players would be interested in playing smash64 online if they only knew it existed :o

Superstar

Smash Champion
In my main forum, I do "advertise" for SSB64 quite a bit. And convinced a lot of peeps that Brawl sucks. XD

I did get one person in SSB64, but said person is fine with Brawl. Person is putting quite a bit of effort though, got an N64 controller too. Is improving pretty fast, though still can't go even with me yet [SSB64 is good competitively, there has to be "tiers" of players XD]. I got a few people to pick up 64, but no real effort is being put in by them.

But yeh, I'll try to get more people to know. It sounds good to me.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Well I’ll explain as much as I can in this post.

Recently I have been talking with JV, from MLG, and we both agreed on the fact that the competitive side of Smash64 has bitten the dust. BUT we don’t want that, so we are going to try and revive the lost wonders of Smash64!

The competitive events section will contain official (or at least as official as you can get for Smash64) ladders, tourneys, and some other specific events (Hopefully JaimeHR, or someone else if he gives permission, will host his “The series” again ^_^)

And for people hosting tourneys, the competitive sub forum will provide an area that won’t push the threads away from sight.

It will be open once I get enough material to keep peoples interest.

On a side note, we will be trying to connect the EGX server and SWF together in hopes of getting some of the casual players interested in the competitive side 

ALSO if anyone has any ideas on how to get the smash64 competitive scene out to the public, that would be great. I believe many Brawl players would be interested in playing smash64 online if they only knew it existed :o
hey BRAH tell JV to make more subforums like individual char discussion and all those things the melee and brawl boards have

Superstar

Smash Champion
Personally, I don't think we need it unless that competitive forum makes the 64 scene grow. It'd split the discussion too much if character boards are added.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
which sub forum, Dairs idea, or the new competitive one?

Because once I open it up, you'll see that this forum alone would have been lost in all those stickies
no subforum is needed. Its ok like this. Too small to have any of them

Zantetsu

Smash Master
no subforum is needed. Its ok like this. Too small to have any of them
It's small at the moment. Surri and JVG seem to want to increase the popularity of Smash64 and since JVG is now owner of Smashboards, I'm sure he'll find ways to do it. Give it time (hopefully) and we'll have Smash64 a bit popular to where a subforum will be needed.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
It's small at the moment. Surri and JVG seem to want to increase the popularity of Smash64 and since JVG is now owner of Smashboards, I'm sure he'll find ways to do it. Give it time (hopefully) and we'll have Smash64 a bit popular to where a subforum will be needed.

yeah, I hope so.
In my experience, divided forums make seem it even more small and even more empty.

JBSC

Smash Journeyman
im willing to cooperate with the forum movement, thats all that it requires to be active on both sides, people comitted to the idea, i also feel depressed when seeing how the only smash comunity with just one forum its the very first the one who started it all, its the one being pushed away :(

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
im willing to cooperate with the forum movement, thats all that it requires to be active on both sides, people comitted to the idea, i also feel depressed when seeing how the only smash comunity with just one forum its the very first the one who started it all, its the one being pushed away :(
This is how we feel too :o

CLOSED. This thread has become irrelevant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom