• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comparison of Momentum Jump?

Gryffin

Smash Cadet
Hello,
I'm still not entirely positive what everyone means by momentum no longer carrying into jumps.
I've played a ton of melee, but I never played brawl much because I didn't like it.
People say that this momentum issue is the same as it was in brawl.
As I understand it, no matter what your movement speed -- walking, running, dashing -- you will always jump at the same speed and distance (except for how long you hold the button down).
So, is that accurate. Because I can't really imagine it. I play Falcon in Melee, so flying across the stage is insanely fun and super important to me. Are you saying that he now has a set distance and speed?

I would love to see a couple of videos comparing the difference, if anyone has them. Thank you.

Senario

Smash Ace
Basically no matter how fast you move on the ground your air speed will always be capped at a certain amount rather than carrying over your momentum fully like it would in a game such as any mario platformer.

Top Bottom