• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comparing Rosalina to Other Characters

Dapplegonger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetX-tremist
3DS FC
5129-1289-1208
Who do you think is most similar to Rosalina in each of the Smash games? It can be by feel or by playstyle, basically whoever would be easiest for a Rosalina player to pick up. I already have a solid main in most of the games, this is just to see what other people have to say about it.

For me it's as follows:
64- Kirby; can survive forever, hard to hit with his crazy utilt, good edgeguarder/aerial game (honestly this was a really half-assed answer, I don't have enough experience with 64)

Melee- Peach or Jiggs; matches last forever, most damage is small but racks up after a while, somewhat campy characters, great edgeguarding/recovering ability, good aerial game

Brawl- Meta Knight; not because of how good he is, but in my experience with Meta Knight, it seems like he gets in a crazy amount of weak hits, but you can't kill him and its hard for him to kill you, excellent recovery

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Captain Falcon is easily the most similar to Rosalina in every game.

-They both hit like a truck using the help of an outside force: Rosalina uses a Luma, Falcon drives his Blue Falcon car.

-They both have a connection with stars (Rosalina uses them, Falcon *is* one).

-They can both pilot spaceships without any difficulty.

-They both mask their face: Falcon with his mask, Rosalina with her hair.

-They both have a sexy voice.

Last edited:

-Jax

Smash Apprentice
At first I'd say Ice Climbers, but they play COMPLETELY differently from Rosalina & Luma, unless there's some serious desync stuff we just haven't discovered yet (In which case, they would be very similar to IC I'm guessing)

I'm just going to for Snake just because he also has massively disjointed hitboxes and is infuriatingly hard to outspam, or get close to and kill, all of which are things Rosalina & Luma are equally good at. Except that the hard to kill part isn't because of high weight like Snake, but just because of Luma tanking everything.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
The puppet mechanic invites comparisons to the Ice Climbers, although it only works to a point. You control a pair of entities, only one of which matters for the stock counter, and without the secondary one your offensive presence is limited.

But Rosalina is not literally half a character without Luma like Popo is without Nana.

Rosalina's key characteristics beyond Luma itself are, in my opinion:
  • Difficult (if not impossible) to outcamp
  • Long range recovery
  • Strong defensive game
  • Disjoints out the wazoo
The Ice Climbers are none of these, so they're not Rosalina's closest gameplay analogue. Who does fill that spot, I'm not really sure.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
A lot of people feel that SoRo is similar to playing Zelda, but I don't really agree with that.

Augi Jr.

Smash Cadet
I would say that Rosalina feels most similar to Melee Marth in terms of fighting style flow, albeit with an Ice Climber dual element.

The way Rosalinas aerial and ground game come across make me think of always getting maximum range with moves by spacing appropriately for the tip of Marths sword; she's just much more graceful.

In fact.... now that I think about it, my fighting style with Rosalina is almost certainly built on my style with Marth in Melee, just slightly modified to take advantage of Luma.....

This is very eye opening for me and will drastically improve my abilities with her now! Woo hoo!

Top Bottom