• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Coming from Canada. Eh.

QuickySlippy

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm QuickySlippy. As you may have guessed from the title, I come from Canada. Specifically Newfoundland, and we have the largest dogs and the smallest horses. And boats. We have those too.

I'm not new to smash, having played melee quite a lot when I was younger and playing brawl nearly every day with my friends after it came out. I was introduced to PM about a year ago by another set of friends, who had had some experience with competitive techniques while I didn't.

We set up a couple of small brackets between the four of us. One of the friends was a lot better than any of us with Ivy and Link, so much so that we stood no chance against him at the time and had to ban those two for the mini tourney. During most of the mini competition, I constantly came dead last having just picked up the game. That was until the last bracket, when I picked up Bowser on a whim. I ended up coming second, losing to the unbeatable ivysaur. (That one friend kept saying that it wasn't fair that we could play our best characters while he couldn't, even though he was still doing great)

After almost a year later and much improvement, I main Bowser and squirtle while my friend has abandoned ivy and link and has improved while playing other characters. He has constantly told me he would be scared if he had to play against my bowser in a tournament, and our games are always very close. He still wins most of them, though.

I'm going to my first tournament with him in two weeks. My goal is to become the best eventually, and I joined this forum to help me get there. I hope I have a great time here and I reach my goal.

D

Deleted member

Welcome to Smashboards, QuickySlippy! Enjoy your stay.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
YAY!! Another Maple Crusader!!!! (sounds much cooler than "Canadian", right? :grin:)

Have a fun time on the Boards and, just for curiosity, which version of PM do you play?

QuickySlippy

Smash Rookie
YAY!! Another Maple Crusader!!!! (sounds much cooler than "Canadian", right? :grin:)

Have a fun time on the Boards and, just for curiosity, which version of PM do you play?
Thanks! Maple crusader is definitely better. Our maple syrup and plethora of "eh"s will defeat any who challenge us.

I play the most recent one, which I believe is 3.5. I'd have to go boot up my wii to check, and I'm currently not near it.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Thanks! Maple crusader is definitely better. Our maple syrup and plethora of "eh"s will defeat any who challenge us.
I'll get my hockey stick just in case I need to defend myself :grin:

#CanadiansFTW
I play the most recent one, which I believe is 3.5. I'd have to go boot up my wii to check, and I'm currently not near it.
If Ganon has the cape attack, it's 3.5

QuickySlippy

Smash Rookie
I'll get my hockey stick just in case I need to defend myself :grin:

#CanadiansFTW

If Ganon has the cape attack, it's 3.5
I haven't seen Ganon played often. Only one of my friends plays him, so I have no clue if he has the cape attack. What about squirtles ninja suits?

MDAVE

The Flying Dutchman
NNID
GoldDiaruga
3DS FC
1048-8967-3255
Eh, m8! How are ya doing? Ok, I know nothing about Canadian things except bagged milk and maple syrup, so I'll keep it to that.
Welcome to Smashboards! Hope you have a great time here!

Top Bottom