• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

coming back onto the stage from the ledge

Hypocrisy

Smash Rookie
ive noticed in a lot of isai's videos that directly from holding onto the edge of a stage he goes right into a knee. can someone tell me how to do that? i always jump too high and im not sure if im even supposed to jump.

ye25

Smash Journeyman
It's called a ledgehop. It's where you drop off a ledge your hanging from and use your 2nd jump to jump back on the stage. The 2nd jump is like a normal jump so you can any aerial out of it. In those vids, Isai just happened to knee. Hope that helped.

chesterwester

Smash Rookie
this has given me a lot of frustration in the past trying to replicate that move.
however, i've found that you'll ideally be pressing down and x at the same time to pull this off. then you can go into a knee from there.

tldr: down+X simultaneously, tilt left or right +A to do the knee.

Top Bottom