• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Comboing marth at low percent

Barry BlaZe

Smash Cadet
I found that when i try to pillar marth at low percent (0-30?) when i dair then shine to pop him up then dair him again to the ground, he can always act when hes grounded before I am even in position to follow up. Am I not following up fast enough with dair? Am i not fast falling enough after/during the dair?

I've been doing shine to pop them up then shine into bair at these percents.
Any advie for this situation?

oscat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlnklngmars
3DS FC
0318-9801-6641
Delay the dair coming down

`Rival

Smash Cadet
pretty sure you cant pillar marth at 0 percent on fd. i dont remember but you might be able to get it after 20 percent if you delay the dair. On platform stages you can get the pillar on marth at 0, you just gotta delay the dair perfectly

Shreke

Smash Rookie
NNID
zeke_h
I have this same issue, sometimes i like to combo w/ soft hit nair in to more dairs/nairs at low %s but it only works on dumb marth players. But yeah i also need to work on timing the dair correctly.

Top Bottom