• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo videos

Koga+

Boot
Hi, i have a sort of complicated question lol. I have about 20 dvd's with random smash matches on them of mostly me and my bro. after getting them on the comp in .avi format i am looking to make a combo video but not sure how to go about it. my windows movie maker is like broken, it constantly crashes :( but i got a trial version of Adobe premier and i figured if im going to get into this, why limit myself? anyway this program is extremely complicated but im sure i can get the hang of it, i just need to know the process of getting footage from tons and tons of matches and cut them correctly for a combo video. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

Koga+

Boot
if anyone does not have the time or does not know the complications of adobe premier i'm not suprised but someone that has made a combo video, i'm sure knows the basic process of converting raw matches into a combo video, i think you just cut out desired footage, put it aside?, then put it all together again? i'm not sure :(

Delphiki

Smash Champion
I think the lack of responses is due to the fact that most people use capture cards to transfer videos onto their comp. The problem I'm having is that I can't find a program to get my .ifo files into .avi formats. The only one I found has really bad quality.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I think the lack of responses is due to the fact that most people use capture cards to transfer videos onto their comp. The problem I'm having is that I can't find a program to get my .ifo files into .avi formats. The only one I found has really bad quality.
I dont have a problem transfering the footage onto my comp, that part was hard but i ended up converting .vob to .avi so now i got all my matches in .avi format. My question is what is a good editing program to use on raw matches to make combo videos? i have an adobe premier trial but its complicated to use, if anyone could help :)

Edit: sorry i responded on my bro's name

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Haha, it's not YOUR version of WMM, it's just plain WMM. Total piece of **** program, not even sure how Microsoft got away with it.

Go to download.com and see what Video Editing programs they offer, imo.

Koga+

Boot
as far as programs go, i got adobe premier pro and i believe that is the best. But my problem is i do not know how to go about making a combo video from raw matches with this program, kinda complicated to cut footage, like do i cut out a certain combo i like then export it (just the combo) and start from a fresh version of that match, and do it over again or? i dont know lol. I have also had resolution problems when exporting my videos with adobe, maybe their is an easier program to use, but i got this one for like 30 days. Please, i am calling on the combo video making gods! thanks

snakeater6541

Smash Rookie
try looking for somthing like pinnacle. it allows you to put together all the raw rfiles you want to cut, it will cut them, and it will give a timeline-like format to put the cut videos in the order you want. its a very "drag-and-drop" user friendly system. It also lets you do things like cut out the sound on a match and use your own sound files (like your combo music of choice). Usually its called somthing like Pinnacle Studio 8. theres a few versions and they are all similar so i hope that helps.

Top Bottom