• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Combo suggestions?

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
For a while, my game-play style with kirby has been surprising, but over time, i've found my tactics become too repetitive. Edge cutter buildup, f-smash for the kill, back air juggles, pineapple spamming for against snakes
hammers haven't worked too well, i've been the subject of jesus kicks from snake and metaknight stupid shuttle loop of doom
help me out?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It took me a while, but then I realized what Pineapple spamming referred to.

I think I'll call them pineapples from now on too, they really look like it.

No advice will help you out more than you analyzing your own game..watch replays, see stupid mistakes you made or obvious things you did, and think of ways to get around that.

aextreme73

Smash Apprentice
i have saved replays of some of my matches, i wish i had one of those crazy cameras so that i could show other people like on youtube or something but w/e
thanks, ill try to re-analyze my match-ups and techniques

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Lol this is the third time i make reference to mindgames
I like using stone as one. Im just gonna give you the basic stuff, cause i don't feel like going into detail again ...
Basically you use it when someone is recovering. They usually expect a spike or gimps, so using stone will completely catch them off guard ^^. Make sure to use it at high percentages though, to make sure that you kill them. Otherwise this would be pretty useless, considering your opponent is now at a perfect position to spike you.

ZesuBen

Smash Journeyman
Isn't there a guide about mindgames for the people that keep asking, Pink?

Pink murder

Smash Ace
I dont think so zesu :(
There are so many mindgames out there, it all depends on the player and how he/she plays. Mindgames can range from Fsmashing the opposite direction because you know your opponent will dodgeroll there, to holding inhale knowing your opponent will run right into it. A mindgame is basically anything you do to confuse, manipulate, or intimidate your enemy. So there really cant be a guide on how to do them. It all depends on the player.

The definition of mindgames is as follows. " An act or series of acts of calculated psychological manipulation, especially in order to confuse or intimidate."

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Lol this is the third time i make reference to mindgames
I like using stone as one. Im just gonna give you the basic stuff, cause i don't feel like going into detail again ...
Basically you use it when someone is recovering. They usually expect a spike or gimps, so using stone will completely catch them off guard ^^. Make sure to use it at high percentages though, to make sure that you kill them. Otherwise this would be pretty useless, considering your opponent is now at a perfect position to spike you.
To prove how effective stone edguarding is, I once killed garbonzo's ROB twice in a 3 stock match with stone edguard (the other kill was with a GIANT KIRBY HAMMER OF DOOOOOOM (TM)). Though, to be fair, it was in a free-for-all with Asdioh as well. I think I even have it on replay...

*gets killed by garbonzo for telling everyone that*

Pink murder

Smash Ace
To prove how effective stone edguarding is, I once killed garbonzo's ROB twice in a 3 stock match with stone edguard (the other kill was with a GIANT KIRBY HAMMER OF DOOOOOOM (TM)). Though, to be fair, it was in a free-for-all with Asdioh as well. I think I even have it on replay...

*gets killed by garbonzo for telling everyone that*
Lol thats perfect proof :p :chuckle:
I use stone edgeguard to take a K.O a foe at least once in every match.
Funny how much they actually fall for it.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I use stone to punish **** ups, which is about as general as I can make it. Basically they do something wrong and I drop down on them and they die.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Lol thats perfect proof :p :chuckle:
I use stone edgeguard to take a K.O a foe at least once in every match.
Funny how much they actually fall for it.
Oh, I forgot to mention this. I was also playing an EXTREMELY F*UCK*SS GOOD PIT once. We played one 3-stock game, then we lost our connection after I'd killed him twice the next game. I killed him with stone 4 of those 5 times (I think the other was fsmash. Two of them he uaired when juggling me, but I DI'd too high up and punished, and one I used it as he got up from the ledge. The last one, MEGA EPIC. It was the last stock of our first game. We were both at 170+ percent (we weren't getting any hits off that could kill). I used stone while I was right next to the edge and he was right next to me, further away from the edge. He spotdodged. I stayed in rock. He ftilted, which caused me to slide offstage, giving my stone a hitbox and KOing him. Unfortunately, no replay).

Pink murder

Smash Ace
Oh, I forgot to mention this. I was also playing an EXTREMELY F*UCK*SS GOOD PIT once. We played one 3-stock game, then we lost our connection after I'd killed him twice the next game. I killed him with stone 4 of those 5 times (I think the other was fsmash. Two of them he uaired when juggling me, but I DI'd too high up and punished, and one I used it as he got up from the ledge. The last one, MEGA EPIC. It was the last stock of our first game. We were both at 170+ percent (we weren't getting any hits off that could kill). I used stone while I was right next to the edge and he was right next to me, further away from the edge. He spotdodged. I stayed in rock. He ftilted, which caused me to slide offstage, giving my stone a hitbox and KOing him. Unfortunately, no replay).
Im not surprised :p
Must've been a long match.
Thats even more proof, stone isnt as useless as people say it is. :chuckle:

lucy!JOE!

Smash Cadet
what i do when they know that the gonzo combo is comin i mix it up
like instead of :
Dthrow >Uair>Dthrow>HAMMMER!!!!
i use:
Dthrow>Uair>Dthrow>Uair>Bair!!!!

i think it does the same amount of damage on your opp then the regular GONZO

pkblaze

Smash Apprentice
oooooooooooooooooohhhhh... i was thinking kirby's moves, not abilities. hehe wait, how does he get them in the first place? unless he's fighting snake...

Top Bottom