• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Resource icon

Combo-ing your way to victory! ~ A Captain Falcon guide

Liquidmikerrs

Smash Rookie
Liquidmikerrs submitted a new guide:

Combo-ing your way to victory! ~ A Captain Falcon guide - Analysis of most moves and play

Smash 4 Captain Falcon Guide

Char overview

Captain Falcon has always been regarded as one of the fastest characters to appear throughout the whole Smash series. This speed allows Captain Falcon to be able to become really unpredictable in the right hands. However it is extremely difficult to master Captain Falcon. The current Captain Falcon now relies mainly on his true combo game mainly in the form of aerials however his play on the ground has been buffed slightly. Captain Falcon also has...
Read more about this guide...

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Avoiding Falcon Kick like the plague? Really? It's such a good punisher. You shouldn't use it willy-nilly, but there's no better tool to punish rolls (if you want to keep raptor boost fresh). Also, grounded Falcon Kick can and will KO your opponent at close range, at semi-high %s.

Also, "With Captain Falcon you really don't want to be on the defensive at any point" holy crap, no. A big part of playing Falcon is learning when to be on the defensive... and then punish your opponent when they attack you. That's just my opinion, of course, but let's just say I don't agree with this guide.

Alexander Duprey

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1865-0311-7929
Avoiding Falcon Kick like the plague? Really? It's such a good punisher. You shouldn't use it willy-nilly, but there's no better tool to punish rolls (if you want to keep raptor boost fresh). Also, grounded Falcon Kick can and will KO your opponent at close range, at semi-high %s.

Also, "With Captain Falcon you really don't want to be on the defensive at any point" holy crap, no. A big part of playing Falcon is learning when to be on the defensive... and then punish your opponent when they attack you. That's just my opinion, of course, but let's just say I don't agree with this guide.
Falcon Kick is great on punishing rolls, and getting out of corner/ledge pressure. And also camping as capt is absolutely necessary in some of the tougher matchups ie Rosaluma/greninja, I guarantee you get better combos waiting and punishing than rushing in.

Patrick Ray

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheAmericaMan
3DS FC
5129-2776-3291
I pretty much use falcon kick exclusively for 3 reasons.

1.I am knocked off stage and Very high in the air. It moves faster than in previous games so I really only use it when I feel I'm about to go off the map.
2. Get away from aerial combos. If I am fighting someone like zero suit or shiek who can do multiple follow-ups in the air I will falcon kick straight to the ground while they are airborne.
3. If I am knocked in the air and the player below me is trying to do a charged up smash. The goal is to hit right next to them opposed to straight hitting them. Some up smashes will still hit through it. Landing next to them will push them and do about 8% damage.

Now I know you can falcon kick on the ground and if they roll you can sometime hit them and if they shield it is still safe because you can pass by them and maybe f-tilt once you come out. That's just not my play style.

Last edited:
Top Bottom