• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Colt's SSB64 Youtube Channel (1v1's/3v3's) Check it out.

TheRealColtMaster

Smash Apprentice
This is my youtube channel designated mostly to ssb64 1v1's and 3v3's of me and other good smash players in my area (phoenix). I am updating it daily and plan on uploading more intense games very soon.

The vids consist of higher skilled players that have been playing for many year so with that i hope they are very intersting for you to watch.

We are looking forward to attending Genesis 2 for the side smash 64 games. Thanks for checking out the channel and don't forget to SUBSCRIBE to stay tuned. :)

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealColtMaster?feature=mhum

TheRealColtMaster

Smash Apprentice
Only watched 3s 1, that Falcon did some pretty neat Falcon punches :p

Also do you use R to cancel by chance?
Yes I do sometimes. You should watch a couple 1v1's they are worth it, even for someone who has one of the best pikachu's out there.

thanks for the input Surri and i would love to challenge you one day. genesis 2 mabye.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I ALWAYS use R to cancel lol...bad habits hard to break :p

I dont watch many videos though..usually only isais pikachu...or A$s pikachu.

And i cant wait to get some console action either haha.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Using R leads to more mistakes then using Z, simply because of the function of R (it also grabs when on the ground).

Suppose offline it probably doesn't matter as much but with delay using R to cancel will some times get you a grab that you dont want (or some times do xD)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I feel like R sometimes makes you miss a Z cancel when you try to aerial really close to the ground. Haven't used it much though.

My new thing that I'm trying to practice is using R for dash usmash because I always mess that up and it's much better to accidentally grab than to accidentally dash attack.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Using R leads to more mistakes then using Z, simply because of the function of R (it also grabs when on the ground).

Suppose offline it probably doesn't matter as much but with delay using R to cancel will some times get you a grab that you dont want (or some times do xD)
Only for you, because you mash R.

If you press it once, delay can't possibly make you accidentally grab. Delay would make you press it too late, and you would simply miss the cancel. I would say mashing the button is more of a bad habit than using R to cancel.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
What if i told you i dont mash R and i dont care if you think I'm lying :p

Seriously though its JUST like YOU said pressing the button LATE so if the attack doesn't have a huge window of delay after the attack you get a GRAB instead of a singular cancel. (Fox probably being the worst for this, but i do it considerably with pikachu as well)

Stop trying to make this about me Mr.Star King, R is a bad habit xP

The Star King

Smash Hero
I thought you said you did mash lol

But anyways, if you press R late you'll miss the cancel. So you must press it REALLY late for a grab to come out, after the landing lag. Either that, or you're pressing R when you shouldn't, like for Pika's Uair, or for Fox's shorthop dairs or something.

I cancel with R and I never get these accidental grabs you speak of.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Maybe Delay isn't the problem at hand. And you are definitely technically better then me star king i dont think anyone ever said other wise :p

I say that because you never get these "grabs" ...and im not sure when i would have ever said i mash R...i definitely use it a LOT, but im not spamming it needlessly

And how was i secretly suspecting you canceled with R Star king? :o

@Ballin Boom always told my to stop using R. I always assumed it was because it was to minimize chances of mistake regarding things like grabs or what ever but i dunno any more. Maybe BOOM should just tell me D:

The Star King

Smash Hero
What's wrong with pressing it for pika's uair or for fox's sh dair?
Nothing, I was just trying to think of a reason why grabs come out for Surri. Pika's uair has virtually no landing lag, and neither does Fox's dair if you start it early, and it finishes before you land.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i use R and i will admit i do accidently grab sometimes but not enough to effect my game. the biggest problem i find, (which ive recently overcome), is shield platform dropping because you have to hold Z on a platform, press down, let go of Z whilst hitting R twice in a fluid motion to make the attack worth while.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You can shield-drop platforms in Melee, it's just a lot harder.

In case you didn't know.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I did not (though i think i have done it accidentally on occasion and shrugged it off), and I don't permanently own a copy of melee so it doesn't really matter to me.

hoe4sho

Smash Rookie
AHHHH this is so sick, I wish I could play against your captain falcon!

No one else can compare to my ness or C.F

Battlecow

Play to Win
Where do they come from? I should formulate a copy-paste post for them. I always spend so much time lovingly explaining **** to them.

The Star King

Smash Hero
He may have been saying it jokingly. My response was kind of jokingly, anyways.

But yeah, a lot of people seriously think they're amazing when they come to this forum.

Top Bottom