• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Color powers

BonkaMan!

Smash Rookie
Wouldn't it be awesome if sonic could use color powers to replace some of his old attacks? :colorful:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Wouldn't it be awesome if sonic could use color powers to replace some of his old attacks? :colorful:

Not sure if it would happen, but it would be interesting to say the very least. Perhaps Drill, Laser, and Rocket would be implemented into his moveset. But I think that the Wisps won't be added since Sonic's moveset is so focused on his classic games. But at least the homing attack was added.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
It would completely take away from what Sonic's all about.
Color powers would be cool, but replacing Sonic's signature spin moves and such?
Nah, no thanks. Smash Bros. Sonic is classic Sonic in disguise, I don't want his moveset modernized.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Not really.

I'm all up for Colors powers, I love them in the game. I find them to be the most entertaining power ups since the Elemental Shields back in Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

But for a SSB moveset... not really. I like Sonic as he is. So far he seems to have brought back all of his moves from Brawl, and I'm really grateful for that. :)

It took me a LO-ONG time to master Sonic. Having just ONE move taken away from him breaks my metagame.

I would like to see the Wisps as the Sonic power up of choice. Better yet if it's something random like Pokeball item.
Granted not all of them would work, but I'd love to see at least:

Laser
Spikes
Hover
Rocket
Burst
Frenzy
Cube

(Would love to see Drill, but I don't see how that can be included)

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Having Wisps as an item could be pretty fun. Maybe you grab a capsule and it selects a random wisp for you to use. Though I can imagine Rocket really ******* you over if you accidentally pick it up

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Having Wisps as an item could be pretty fun. Maybe you grab a capsule and it selects a random wisp for you to use. Though I can imagine Rocket really ****ing you over if you accidentally pick it up
I like this idea. That is the better idea for a Sonic item that I could think of.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
I can imagine wisps like Rocket and Laser would be pretty annoying (though in more compact stages with lots of walls laser could be interesting) but other ones like Asteroid and Hover could be great. Imagine running amok over the battlefield, destroying the environment and sucking in anybody foolish enough to go near you. Drill would be useful in walk-off stages like Green Hill Zone where you can just pop up from the ground terrorizing everybody, but pretty bad in others like Final Destination.

The more i think about this idea the more I love it

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
It would completely take away from what Sonic's all about.
Color powers would be cool, but replacing Sonic's signature spin moves and such?
Nah, no thanks. Smash Bros. Sonic is classic Sonic in disguise, I don't want his moveset modernized.
I'd still like his side B to be the boost and thats really all we could need from the modern games

Xman321

Smash Apprentice
Maybe his Normal Moves should have Wispy attacks, like his Side smash could be laser or something, it would stop after an inch or so.

TheBuddyAdrian

Smash Cadet
NNID
thebuddyadrian
Neutral: Homing Attack| Side: Laser| Down: Cube| Recovery: Rocket|

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007