• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Color Palette Thread

ghastmine

Smash Ace
NNID
ghastmine
I played the demo I would like more but I could really only think scourge however since he is exclusive to the comics I doubt sega would mention it

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Sup guys, gonna post this:
These images based off the demo may end up or already confirmed being Sonic's legit palettes for Sm4sh from this source:

Didn't need a quote for this seeing the emeralds wristbands which is awesome & obvious, but posting anyways:
Resembles NiGHTS, a character from Sega's NiGHTS into Dreams, for the Sega Saturn. The wristbands may also resemble the purple Chaos Emerald.

Other good users here mentioned it but felt like bringing it up the quote anyways:
Outfit with cyan bracelets and light blue shoes. The bracelets themselves are based around the Crystal Ring, a power-up from Sonic Adventure, which Sonic wears on his right wrist to allow him to charge Light Speed moves quicker.

I didn't need a quote for this but posting it anways:
Changes the blue on his body to look white, resembling Silver.
Also noting that his bracelets are closely similar to Silver's wristbands.

I'm hoping for a Shadow, Knuckles, & Tails hinting palette swap as well.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
These images based off the demo may end up or already confirmed being Sonic's legit palettes for Sm4sh from this source:

Didn't need a quote for this seeing the emeralds wristbands which is awesome & obvious, but posting anyways:

Other good users here mentioned it but felt like bringing it up the quote anyways:

I never noticed how it looks like the crystal ring, that's so awesome!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Sonic might have one of the best color skins in the game

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. Vast improvement compared to the Brawl colors.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I know everyone wants Knuckles color swaps and **** like that, but I personally hope there aren't too many in that style. The Silver one is pretty good, and I think a Shadow homage would be nice to reference all the hedgehogs, but beyond that, I think it'd get pretty dumb.

:093:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I know everyone wants Knuckles color swaps and **** like that, but I personally hope there aren't too many in that style. The Silver one is pretty good, and I think a Shadow homage would be nice to reference all the hedgehogs, but beyond that, I think it'd get pretty dumb.

I just think they shouldn't go too crazy, black and white are fine but other than that no. Although I definitely expect a shadow alt, pure black, gold rings and shadow shoe colours

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace

A knuckles-inspiring palette is a majority hope, it's the common origin-based color people usually want including being a double wammy Team Battle Red Team swap. I personally want the tiny details to make it more Knuckles resembling. Getting down to hedgehog-relation, you're forgetting Scourge the Hedgehog:smirk:. I realize that a Scourge-originating / inspired alternate palette would be just as great, making it's use twice as meaningful being Team Battle's Green Team swap & Scourge-related in one.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Getting down to hedgehog-relation, you're forgetting Scourge the Hedgehog:smirk:. I realize that a Scourge-originating / inspired alternate palette would be just as great, making it's use twice as meaningful being Team Battle's Green Team swap & Scourge-related in one.
I didn't include Scourge because I see zero chance of that happening. Scourge has only existed in the Archie comics and I'd be pretty damn surprised if they went as far as to reference him.

This is coming from someone who thinks that Scourge is the coolest hedgehog next to Sonic.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I didn't include Scourge because I see zero chance of that happening. Scourge has only existed in the Archie comics and I'd be pretty damn surprised if they went as far as to reference him.

This is coming from someone who thinks that Scourge is the coolest hedgehog next to Sonic.

Very true. Really wish he'd be in a Sonic video game somehow, that's very low chance ofc. . .His debut in the comics is all he has, so that makes it even more impossible. Jet the Hawk & Manic from Sonic Underground have better origin chances to his green palette than Scourge which is lame but realistic.

"Hail to the king, baby!"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think they won't do any skins from other Sonic characters. But references.

Possible stuff like his Riders design, references to other Sega games like Super Monkey Ball, Burning Rangers and even Alex Kidd.

He'll get a classic redesign for an alternate and hopefully those costumes from SA2

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
I just hope Sonic's yellow alt returns. It was my favorite in brawl, but the new ones look just as good. If all his old alts return then we have one alt for each chaos emerald plus a black one.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I wouldn't find a Shadow-inspired alt too far fetched.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I wouldn't find a Shadow-inspired alt too far fetched.
This is exactly what I was hoping they'd do, not that stupid Dark Sonic piece of junk.

Knuckles would of been a good idea for his red color swap too.

I am really disappointed in the color swaps for Sonic, I really was looking forward to maybe using him due to gain some cool color swaps, but he didn't get anything good.

It just makes me so mad, I want to play as Sonic, but I don't like his default color.

I been struggling in figuring out which one of these I should use.

I'd like to represent Knuckles The Echidna somehow when playing as Sonic, but I'm not too sure if any of these do that, I mean I don't see any red Sonic here, which Sonic color swap would best suit me?

Top Bottom