• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[COLOR="Blue"][/COLOR]WiFi Headset, Anyone?

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
Okay, so Brawl's release date is now TBD, right? Well, now gives the developers more time to make the game kick more ***.

Like, for instance: What if they decided to put use into that WiFi headset for the ds as a way to communicate with friends?

Thoughts and opinions gladly accepted:)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
NO WAY. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Have you played CounterStrike or Halo online? All it is, is a bunch of 13-year olds cursing at you when you kill them and mocking you when they kill you.

In the ideal world you could communicate with your teammates and organize some strategy or attack like in real combat, except this is another plan that only works on paper.

The Hypnotist

Smash Lord
I hate it when people ***** about flamers on mic chat. Just don't use it. But don't say its a bad idea. I'm tired of Nintendo fan boys acting like Mic Chat would be a bad idea, if Brawl had it you guys would be all over it. Frankly it's stupid that Nintendo doesn't have it.

dan smith

Smash Champion
I'm assuming the hypothetical option of the headset would be disabled for those anonymous online Brawls? If not you could actually meet people that way.

Is the text taunt option available in anony-brawls? If so you could set your text taunt as "MY NAME IS DAN SMITH" or funny things like "SURPRISE ********S!"

Ooh...swearing confirmed in Brawl?

Lipucd

Smash Apprentice
Sad to say knowing big N...all that cool stuff going to be friend code only...Pokemon got the same stick with custom text of any sort YET others can ONLY see it with Friend codes >_<;;

So great custom text? Oh hell ya.
VC? No clue but at least you'll KNOW whos the whining bum if it's in...
Anyone other then you and your friends seeing this stuff with you?...Not likly

G&Wismyhomeboy

Smash Cadet
I actually rigged up a Plantronics bluetooth headset for my computer. (I play WoW, er well I used to have time for it.)

That thing has NO range. My USB transmitter can reach me all the way to the bathroom, so I could go get a snack and not miss out on the next strategy. But the transmitter in the headset I bought is crazy weak. I ended up taping the receiver on the underside of my desk about 3 feet away from my ear. I can't use my microphone unless I'm sitting at my desk.

I don't think most BT headsets have enough range to reach a Wii across the living room, unless the one I got is not typical.

But how about a wired headset that hooks up to a Wii remote? We'll all be playing on Gamecube controllers anyway, right? :laugh:

Darc

Smash Rookie
a wifi headset would be amazing, but HOW they would implement it is still in the works i'm sure. Wireless headsets for comps are pretty expensive also...

Zek

Smash Ace
You act as if they delayed it just to add features... They delayed it because what they had wasn't finished yet. If they had time to do something like this, they would release it earlier instead.

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
And you think a game meant for a younger age than Counter-Strike would be better?.....Think about it for a minute.
Ive actully only ive seen a stupid kid spamming up the mics on counter-strike once or twice in thw ehole 2/3 years ive had the game. Most people use it responisbly if they do infact use it at all, and if you dont like it. Mute em, simple.

Looking at the Mic chat, as nintendo always goes, it will probibly be restricted for friends only anyways and if your friends are whiney gits. Well thats your problem :p

Mamush

Smash Cadet
I want voicechat so that I can talk to my friends when we play them online. So even it were just an option through friendcodes I would be happy. I just dont want the game any less perfect than what it can be by thinking to bad they didn't add this to the game.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
thats actually a rly good idea. its onyl a matter of time b4 nintendo makes a headset, considering the wii already has a microphone, and the ds has a headset. weve seen delays in games b4 to wait for a service/peripheral. for instance, metroid prime hunters was delayed to wait till the wifi service came out.

spikehappy07

Smash Journeyman
Vallejo, CA. Its a small city whom many people ove
thats actually a rly good idea. its onyl a matter of time b4 nintendo makes a headset, considering the wii already has a microphone, and the ds has a headset. weve seen delays in games b4 to wait for a service/peripheral. for instance, metroid prime hunters was delayed to wait till the wifi service came out.
Oh, see? Chibisempai has the right idea!

Areyigo

Smash Cadet
I have a idea for Nintendo: Use the Wii-DS conection, then you can use the Hedset of the DS to speak

Top Bottom