• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Collection of advanced(Maybe?) information, from specials to standards.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Anything a;ready known, let me know.

-Mecha Koopa has a delayed walk when thrown from the air

-MK can be used right by the ledge to grab it

-MK can be grabbed after it hits the opponent

-Can be b reversed

-Grabbing it starts a new fuse, getting the MK knocked out of your hand reverts it to the previous timer.

-Can't hurt you when holding IIRC, can hurt the foe

-Affected by reflectors

-Does not knock them out of a grab

-Cannon Ball can be used out of a ledge hop to push you back to the ledge

-CB can be be reversed

-Abandon Ship's ship can slide off the ledge without you sliding off(Or with if you'd like)

-AS can launch foes into out of ship hammer attack range

-AS ship can stage spike when it's not off stage but right above the ledge

-AS has a hit box when it's moving and when it explodes

-Clown Kart allows you to jump, and using MK halts the jump IIRC

-CK can be used right away out of a ledge drop to ram the ledge and regrab it

-Fair and Bair have a lasting hit box, and on top of that it creates a brand new hit box when you land. You can even hit them with both in succession

-Dair has no landing lag if the knock back hit connects with an opponent upon landing. This allows for follow ups at early percents as you can act immediately.

-I believe Utilt hits in front of him as well

-I believe dtilt has IASA frames, I can use it in rapid succesion much like Ganon's usmash.

-Morton is the only choice

Figured it'd be worth sharing, as I really enjoy using this character.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
-Mecha Koopas don't hurt you when holding them after Z dropped, otherwise they do.

-Mecha Koopas can be grabbed with an aerial out of a Clown Kart jump aerial for some flashy combos.

-Mecha Koopas can't hit opponents offstage until they're out of their tumble animation and into their upright position.

Last edited:

Prawn

Smash Master
I think I knew most of this, I also use DTilt a ton.

Can you elaborate on grabbing an MK out of clown car?

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I think I knew most of this, I also use DTilt a ton.

Can you elaborate on grabbing an MK out of clown car?
Well, that's alright, if anything I'll be happy to stir up discussion.

When the MK hits them, you can jump and use an aerial to grab it while hitting them away. This also works when jumping out of CK. I thught it was worth a mention since it allows you to grab it faster.

Another thing, CK gives you an extra jump but can only be used once unless hit. Not directed at you, but I'm posting anything that's interesting.

Nergal69

Smash Apprentice
You should also note that the Clown Car takes .88x damage while Bowser Jr. himself takes 1.15x damage.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Yeah if you want I can just make this a compilation thread, not just of stuff I noticed but everyone.

Too early for me to do much tight now though lol.

Prawn

Smash Master
Is this is the Mecha Koopa? You can make it go the
other way?
It can be "b reversed". If you're facing one direction you can sort of input it then slide to the opposite direction and it'll come out that way

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
it's reallyu situational, but you CAN use the Neutral B to bait people to come at you, and use the recoil from firing it to dodge a well-spaced attack, sometiems even hitting the enemy if the character is big.
Yeah I actually try this when can lol usually I stick to the ledge hop though.

I recognize you from the gfaqs boards btw.

Prawn

Smash Master
I didn't say "I think I knew most of these" to talk bad about the thread I was just thinking out loud

This is a good thread.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Thanks, it's just I'm really enjoying playing him and despite the guide I ,wanted to contribute as well.

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
Ooh, gonna have to give these a go sometime!

Though one to add that's been mentioned before (and I can confirm it works!)

Fsmash, like ftilt can be angled. I think it only angles straight on (which is a little upwards anyway) and down. The latter can overpower moves like Fox's upB as an edgeguarding tool, one of many options the tyke and his cohorts have.

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
I didn't notice before but actually, Fsmash can be angled up. I think the initial hits bring opponents upwards in every angle so it might hit more reliably! Also it has a bit of upwards range too!

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Loving this fsmash info, will edit the OP at some point with the info here along with credit to whomever posted it.

NidoMay

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4897-6023-8031
Also, new thing I saw in the replay channel but right out of a clown car, you can abandon ship immediately with a jump cancel, when I saw it it gave Lemmy a fair bit of vital milage over a captain falcon player and seems a lot more hit n' run in case opponents keep blocking and punishing.
Also if a mechakoopa gets reflected, you can just run it over in the clown car

Last edited:
Top Bottom