• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Codes Embedded on a Disc

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
As of now we're loading the codes through the homebrew channel, but it got me thinking, what if we could embed these codes directly onto the Brawl disc. Essentially, ripping the iso of Brawl onto a computer (easy), then modifying the iso with the changes we make (idk how to do), then burn it back to a disc and play it on the Wii (easy). Players would be able to use it by a modded Wii or by using a backup loader. I think it would be sort of neat to have your regular Brawl disc, and your Brawl+ copy lol.

If we learn how to embed the changes into the game, maybe there's even a way we could then bypass the code line limit?

D

Deleted member

not gonna happen on a large scale, and the line limit is not really an issue now

KishSquared

Smash Master
This would raise legality issues if we tried to distribute them. We'd be giving away free copies of Brawl, even if it is modded.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Oh no we wouldn't distribute them, that's definitely starting to involve legal issues lol. But I could imagine that some people would rather have a Brawl+ disc instead of using codes with an SD Card so we would be able to write a tutorial for how people can make it themselves.

Top Bottom