• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Club Nintendo Shutting Down: MAR-31 (US), SEPT-30 (EU)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
It has been announced that after 6 years of the program running. Club Nintendo will be shutting down their customer loyalty program, Club Nintendo.

Goodbye Club Nintendo... We'll miss you ;-;

Club Nintendo program discontinuation schedule
1/20/2015
Products released after this date are not eligible for registration with Club Nintendo
3/31/2015
Last day to earn Coins, register products with Club Nintendo, and sign up for new Club Nintendo membership
6/30/2015
Last day to redeem Coins or access your account on the Club Nintendo website. Club Nintendo program shuts down at 11:59pm PT on 6/30/2015.
Smashers who have not yet registered to be able to get Mewtwo should be sure to get that done right away. All details involving Nintendo's announcement can be found here. There is a possible light at the end of this sad tunnel though so take heart: "We will share details about our new program at a later date." Let us hope that Nintendo comes back after this even bigger and better then ever before with their customer loyalty program.

SmashCapps is sad to see Club Nintendo shutting down and is glad he got his NES Remix shirt and has Platinum status for the final rewards. Follow him on twitter and tell him what you plan to do with the last of your coins.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I feel it wasn't exactly coincidence to list the last redeem date to get Mewtwo as March 31st now...

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'm definitely gonna spend all of my coins before it ends. Especially when February comes when we get more rewards.

D

Deleted member

Not gonna miss it, as it wasn't even a part of my country.

Globalization, Nintendo.

Please pull yourself together next time.

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-year-old-boy-pleasantly-surprised-isolated-16434497.jpg

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Just when I get Platnium...

Hey, at least the remaining members get to cash in before the shut down.

AuraBreak

Smash Apprentice
And with that, Club Nintendo goes to heaven, where Nintendo Week will be waiting.

D

Deleted member

While it's sad to see that Club Nintendo is shutting down, I hope the new program is better. RIP in piece.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Here I am looking at the "SSB 3 Poster Set" offer on the website, not sure if want. Do I get it now while I know it's still being offered, or do I wait for whatever they roll out in February and potentially have nothing to fall back on...

Decisions, decisions...

D

Deleted member

I swear I've been with Club Nintendo for so long this feels like the death of a close friend...

RIP Club Nintendo 2003-2015

Last edited by a moderator:

PixelPoet

Smash Rookie
NNID
forester13
3DS FC
4012-3895-9442
Geez, just after I built up a decent hoard of coins...I'll definitely keep checking the website often, and hopefully find something cool to spend all of my coins on. I wouldn't be surprised if they had one or two last big physical rewards for the farewell tour of Club Nintendo.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
So let's see, Nintendo has their old wifi shut down,

then Club Nintendo,

What's next? They shut down Miiverse?

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
I only have 350 coins...
I had no idea that I could do a survey and product registration for the free Windwaker HD that I got from Club Nintendo, so that was -70 coins right there.
I COULD have had 400+, but nope. :C
Ehhhhhhhh. I hope they have some nice physical prizes that are within the price range of 350.

Duzzzyy

Sing me your lullaby~
NNID
Duzzzyy
Meh, I guess now is a good time to finally give away the codes I have lying around since they never bothered to globalize Club Nintendo? So much for hoping.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
20 years in the future. Punch-Out!! Wii is now a "vintage" title.

Doc Louis: "Join Club Nintendo today, Mac!"
Player: "What the hell is Club Nintendo?"

Last edited:

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926
Kind of old news smashboards, even Ign reported this before you. I guess better late than never...

I bet the new program will sell exclusive amiibos, eshop cards and maybe even toys. That would be amazing!

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Like seriously, just leave already Nintendo you can sell your franchise to Sega that will do a WAY better job than you'll ever accomplish. You will be missed though but only for the games as for your service, no.

Last edited:

smashboy12

Smash Cadet
Hopefully this new rewards program is MUCH better than CN gave us. Honestly those rewards were mediocre

Blazing Seraph

Smash Cadet
NNID
XxKajixX
Club Nintendo:
Don't have enough nintendogs greeting cards?
We've got you covered.
For real though, going to miss the service.

The 0ne

Smash Journeyman
NNID
toady3
3DS FC
0104-2324-5980
I really hope the new program covers accessories and controllers. I bought a balance board, a GCN adapter, three amiibo and nothing to show for it.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
yeh

then we'd miss some brilliant miiverse posts like this one

/sarcasm
These kind of stupid Miiverse posts make me smile, because that's evidence that there's people less creative than me ^_^

(I don't really need evidence to know that, but it really helps)

Last edited:
Top Bottom