• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clowsui's Sheik Vids (2 REALLY bad vids - I'm quite a bit better than I am in these)

clowsui

Smash Legend
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16121202J3qP8Kzj
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v16121243654tYfbR

Oh my god do I hate Delfino and Lylat.

Also all my johns are in the description.

Rate conscious of the fact that I do know I'm doing really bad in those vids, I don't have Brawl, and I know the following things:

1. I need to learn how to perfect shield more consistently. That day I forgot to set my Y-button to shield, so it was hard instantly walk afterwards.
2. I need to use moar Nair. I forgot what I was doing since I hadn't played Brawl in two weeks plus I was scared, it's Kel.
3. Less DSmash/Dair. I was attempting to DACUS all those times. Some DSmashes were intentional but Kel outsmarted me on those; if you'll notice on his previous approaches of the sort I didn't DSmash which was why I did it.
4. More Ftilt. No excuses for this really, just...forgot how to play Sheik.
5. Transform more. Yeah I forgot to do this.
6. I need to stop doing unsafe moves. Yeah the sheer volume of these would be a lot less had I been playing more than 2-3 matches an hour (we were doing King of the TV and we only had one b/c I forgot to ask Kel to bring his...)
7. Less Needle spam. I was aware that I was spamming needles but every time I remembered that TJolt is a much better camping tool than needles I forgot a second later when he started to approach.
8. Better stage picks, also more BAir. Yeah random's a force of habit, I meant to go Norfair or BF but meh. I forgot all of choknater's tips at the point of playing, sorry.
9. I need to stop blowing. Yeah that's not going to happen but with your advice it will.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wow you play stiffly. Be more mobile, jump and run a little.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Do you think I really chose to record my worst matches of the night lol? I only had one 1 hour tape + Kel had arrived so I was certain good matches were to come...hence I recorded over my better matches.

Anyways >_>;

@Ankoku: So true XD In other instances I'd be a somewhat more mobile Sheik but I'm used to playing Falco, who stays mobile and spams when he's uncomfortable with matchups. But yeah I'll try to make my Sheik more mobile seeing as in general it's really stiff anyways.

Do you have any suggestions vs. Pika?

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
Do you have any suggestions vs. Pika?
Don't be afraid to use Zelda. That's the best suggestion against Pikachu (and most characters).

I think you shielded a bit too much. A spot dodge or dodge roll would have worked better in most instances. I agree with the mobility thing. If style points were still around in Brawl (I miss them :(), you'd be getting Statue for sure.

And I really don't think you'll receive any useful criticism if you're posting videos that don't accurately display your talent.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Yeah I will have more videos within the next two weeks >_>;

I realize the difficulty w/ critiquing this...which is why this thread is really to showcase some parts of my Sheik and to basically act as a "holding" thread for any new vids that eventually come up.

Also I SUCK at Zelda. Could you tell me some basic thing to do? I mean, I know that DTilt to trip and then...Jab to follow up or something? I forget. Anyways some basic tips vs. Pika and to use Zelda would be nice advice XD

I also need some advice on how to maneuver on Lylat and Delfino

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Use Zelda like a weird version of Marth with an explosive projectile and super-long-lasting smashes.

Tezmata

Smash Apprentice
If you're Zelda you will never have to worry about getting Thunder'd off the top of the stage again. Just sayin'. She has a legitimate purpose in almost every match, even if you're not a great Zelda player. You'd do well to learn her, lest you love getting chaingrabbed by the Ice Climbers.

Top Bottom