• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cloud Nerf 1.1.5 (Please Say Your Feeling on the Nerf)

Prevaricator Faust

Smash Cadet
Are people still ******** about the nerfs? well to say it more accurately overreacting to the nerfs? seriously Cloud still plays the same regardless of the nerfs he got and even then about 80% of the time it's people whining over FT being nerfed. If you depended on that move to win a game then you're using Cloud all wrong.

Edit: Especially when all his Kill moves still work.

Last edited:

Zetox

Smash Cadet
Looking at it from this perspective, it think I've personally overreacted to the nerfs. Yeah, his limit gimmick got gimped and smash nerfs. But his overall character and gameplan will relatively stay the same. No need to do any major adjustments other than to maybe work just a little bit hard.

Even if we was nerfed to Z tier, I wouldn't drop him from my mains team.:)
That is some hardcore character loyalty there. I respect that.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
"So it takes less than a second longer for me to get limit, my smashes weaker, my u-air is slightly weaker, and my aerial Finishing Touch doesn't kill as early? Oh well. At least I still have the best kill move in the game in the form of Limit Break Cross-Slash, and my aerials are still absolutely ridiculous. Not to mention that Sheik isn't a losing MU for me anymore and ZSS is even easier to deal with than before thanks to their nerfs. Oh, I still beat Rosalina also. 20FF here I come."

tl;dr: lolk

Last edited:

NikkiNanka

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know the frame data on upair on shield now? It's probably still safe you just have to actually space it

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Does anyone know the frame data on upair on shield now? It's probably still safe, you just have to actually space it.
Frame data on Uair should still be the same, though it likely has a few frames more due to the changed shieldstun.

Edit: Lavani Lavani 's got the exact data.

Last edited:

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Does anyone know the frame data on upair on shield now? It's probably still safe you just have to actually space it
It lost 1 frame of safety, which basically just means more characters can shieldgrab it but it's still safe if they have to put their shield down first to reach you.

(Samn)

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3153-5057-8213
It lost 1 frame of safety, which basically just means more characters can shieldgrab it but it's still safe if they have to put their shield down first to reach you.
Oh I didn't know that, thanks for the info :D

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Why Usmash was not nerfed is beyond me. Way too safe of a kill move to throw out.
15 frame start up, 31 frames of lag, -15 frames on shield, -22 frames for OOS options. On top of that, it kills JUST as well as Uair does, meaning it kills around the same percents as Uair, but just a bit better.

It's not safe at all.

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Why Usmash was not nerfed is beyond me. Way too safe of a kill move to throw out.
Because it's slow and not strong for how slow it is. The move isn't remotely safe either, as spaced USmash is still super punishable on block. This is just you being bad I'm afraid.

atticusfinch7

Smash Apprentice
Because it's slow and not strong for how slow it is. The move isn't remotely safe either, as spaced USmash is still super punishable on block. This is just you being bad I'm afraid.
Super Punishable? On perfect shield, sure. But any character with mediocre run speed or traction can't dash grab you for it, and is pushed too far for a tilt to work. Which is half the roster.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Super Punishable? On perfect shield, sure. But any character with mediocre run speed or traction can't dash grab you for it, and is pushed too far for a tilt to work. Which is half the roster.
You ignored the frame data I posted showing how easy it is to punish it.

LIterally -22 frame disadvantage. Every single character in the cast has an OOS option that is less than 20 frames.

Characters that cant dash grab Usmash have other methods of punishment.

Last edited:

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
You don't have to perfect shield it, nor does your character need to be fast. Even characters like Robin and Ganon can drop shield and dash attack to punish USmash.

Curleh_Mustache

Smash Cadet
He had pretty minor nerfs. He just kills a little later and charges his limit slightly slower but it's not too noticeable. His biggest nerf was his aerial finishing touch. I think he's still a good character though

Lyled

Smash Rookie
Cloud's nerfs are minor compared to sheik or mk. They pretty much lower his kill power. I just think that his limits were double nerfed by the increased charging time and lower kbg.

Overall still a good character. Possibly better due to nerfs on the top tiers.

Yσנιмιтѕυ

Sm4sh Modder / Graphic Design
NNID
yojimitsu
Cloud after the nerf to the other top tiers was made stronger overall in comparison, and actually I think the nerfs were deserved - his kill power was plain ridiculous pre-patch. I think he's at a really healthy spot right now. Best swordsman in the game for sure - now that mk is out (RIP).

LightningHelix

Smash Cadet
Love playing cloud....
....and I'm still happy he got nerfed.

He was too damn strong and even these nerfs, other than the FT nerf are pretty much negligible. Even he got nerfed a bit further I would be happy about it, especially so people don't say that the character carries me. Don't want cloud to be compared to bayonetta, after all.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Anyone who says Cloud carries you is talking out of their ass.

Tell them that top tiers carry everyone who plays them. That's why they play them. Because they're good. And better than the rest of the cast.

Literally the opposite of telling a player that a bottom tier holds them back.

(Samn)

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3153-5057-8213
Anyone who says Cloud carries you is talking out of their ***.

Tell them that top tiers carry everyone who plays them. That's why they play them. Because they're good. And better than the rest of the cast.

Literally the opposite of telling a player that a bottom tier holds them back.
Characters are suppose to carry you, thats why you main your main because they are good for you and you get results

Top Bottom