• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cloud Ledge Coverage Options

Arkaizer

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone. I've been doing some research of my own on Cloud, and have been compiling a list of what grounded attacks Cloud has that hits an opponent that has no ledge invincibility. You can view it here.

A note for Down Smash: The first hit can stage spike opponents, but usually only if you space yourself about one Cloud's width away from the ledge.

Regular Cross Slash won't connect properly at low percents, but should be able to at high percents (~130% no rage) on most characters that are hit by the limit break version.

These were all tested on Final Destination, and should be consistent on all stages, except maybe Lylat because of the tilting shenanigans.

Edit: MISHUN COMPREET :foxmelee: (For now, at least.)

Last edited:

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
Very nice, looking foreward to the complete work :)

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Hey everyone. I've been doing some research of my own on Cloud, and have been compiling a list of what grounded attacks Cloud has that hits an opponent that has no ledge invincibility. It's a work in progress, but I've got most of the top tiers as well as some other characters completed. You can view it here.

A note for Down Smash: It can stage spike opponents, but usually only if you space yourself about one Cloud's width away from the ledge.

These were all tested on Final Destination, and should be consistent on all stages, except maybe Lylat because of the tilting shenanigans.

Wow, thanks for this! Great info.

Gemba Board

Smash Apprentice
So against people who quickly buffer a get up off the ledge, I've been doing dtilt right at the ledge from like 1 cloud length away (so people like marth don't clip us from underneath). Now we're flush up against the ledge and back to back with the opponent if they did neutral get up. you can utilt using the hitbox behind clouds head to apply get up pressure. Remember, clouds utilt goes the opposite direction of marth's. So it starts up from behind rather quickly and they can't shield grab you since you're both facing away.

Vyseskies

Smash Cadet
also a good edgeguard option is doing a b reverse limit blade beam towards the ledge, its more safer than finishing touch, lasts longer since the beam keeps shattering in place and kills earlier because stage spikes and cant be tech. This must be done when the enemy is about to reach the ledge though.

Eureka

Smash Ace
I think it's worth considering ledge coverage options besides Cloud's grounded moves. In particular, dair seems like a suburb option as it has the longest hitbox duration of any of Cloud's moves (besides Blade Beam) has enough range to ledge attack and hit people hanging on the ledge, allows for a potential forward air follow up which would be devastating at the ledge, and autocancels the frame after the hitbox ends so roll can be covered on reaction.

PapaJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolidSnake1443
3DS FC
3282-3281-5746
also a good edgeguard option is doing a b reverse limit blade beam towards the ledge, its more safer than finishing touch, lasts longer since the beam keeps shattering in place and kills earlier because stage spikes and cant be tech. This must be done when the enemy is about to reach the ledge though.
Wouldn't it be better just to use LB Blade Beam on the stage? it will still hit the opponent and will KO at higher percents. Idk it just seems riky to go out of our way for a B reversed LB Cross Slah

Vyseskies

Smash Cadet
Wouldn't it be better just to use LB Blade Beam on the stage? it will still hit the opponent and will KO at higher percents. Idk it just seems riky to go out of our way for a B reversed LB Cross Slah
maybe but only if the character comes from sideways, what i meant is mostly against vertical recovery. The Blade Beam will keep shattering on ledge turning impossible to grab it and often resulting on a stage spike.

Top Bottom