• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

closed

Surgical Precision

Smash Rookie
I can't imagine for the life of me that there's no advance techniques guide for Brawl SOMEWHERE around here but after going at it with the search engine for the last 20'min my lack of being able to complete even the most basic of tasks is REALLY starting to get me down...

So... If i might ask... Can someone be as so kind as to PM me the link to any such page & or explain to me just what the hell it is I'm ALREADY DOING WRONG around here so I can keep my public ridiculing to a minimal sum... Thanks... >_-

Also... Even though this seems equally as dumb of a thing to ask as the prior, I've been wondering... Why haven't I been seeing people dash cancel much now that wave dashing is no longer possible?...

It's one of very few things I've been able to pick up on well & considering well... I'm an idiot, I can't believe even for a moment that it's something that no one else is aware of...

Though that said it might not still be called dash cancelling anymore for all I know, I have been away... (even though this is my first time actually talking to people around here)

It's done by quickly pressing & releasing the shelled button in the mist of a dash... You can easily do any move this way in addition to being able to come to a grinding halt at a moments notice...

It's a complete & total MUST for Sonic IMO...

Crow!

Smash Lord
You know, major, stickied threads like the AT thread really shouldn't rely on acronyms! I'm going to guess there are plenty of people out there who have failed to find that thread because it's called the comprehensive guide to "ATs" rather than to "Advanced Techniques (ATs)" or something similar.

Though admittedly the thread names tend to be long already..

Surgical Precision

Smash Rookie
Uh... yah... Spot on Crow... ThaRoy as well... This is bordering on epic fail @_<

My god... maybe I should put the control down now before I get the chance to hurt myself... ;_;

Never the less thanks for your time everyone... Considering this violate assault against intelligence i've just *******ised into the world right on your doorstep you've been MORE then tolerant of me...

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
You better edit that post before you get flamed, in fact why arent I flaming you right now.

Surgical Precision

Smash Rookie
You better edit that post before you get flamed, in fact why arent I flaming you right now.
Huh?... Why?... Did I spell something wrong or use the wrong word somewhere?... 0_o

Unfortunately a spellchecker only works for the words that you can remember the general shapes & spelling of... >_<

Ask god why I can't do it myself... Maybe he/she/it will actually give you that answer...

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
Huh?... Why?... Did I spell something wrong or use the wrong word somewhere?... 0_o

Unfortunately a spellchecker only works for the words that you can remember the general shapes & spelling of... >_<

Ask god why I can't do it myself... Maybe he/she/it will actually give you that answer...
BECAUSE YOUR ASKING WHERE AN AT GUIDE IS.

Edit the post and let the thread die. Put something like "closed" and next time you have a question, just go to the thread that says ask a question get an answer.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
It's great how nobody actually answers his question.

Dash canceling in the traditional sense, crouching in the middle of a dash, no longer exists due to the new physics engine. Shield-canceling DOES exist and is a very effective and very popular method of approach. For example, with Marth, you can shield-cancel a dash into Over-B or tippered F-Smash for easy kills at high percents. I don't know why you think it's being underused.

Surgical Precision

Smash Rookie
@ Foxy Marth... OH... Right.... wow... Did I ever miss read that... Sorry... @_<

@ kamekasu... Thanks! and well... Yah I really haven't seen anyone using it... It definitely comes as a surprise to me that you say otherwise... 0_o

Top Bottom