• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clones without taking spots?

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
Im not sure who on the team this would be a question towards so ill post it here

And sorry if its a stupid question ive never messed with coding.
Is it possible that atributes could be modified based on your CSS selection through codes similar to how Dr Mario loads up different sounds (I know this was a special case) but i was wondering if it could affect something like speed or amount of damage dealt, or even size (with hitboxes). I personaly dont care about Pichu being a character but I know some people do. If this was possible then i was thinking that Pichu could be an alt for Pikachu but he would have His own roster slot with those costumes and would apply the codes to him when hes selected and wouldnt take up any of the 7 extra spots. And if this was even posible maybe be applyed to Dr Mario too.

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
your best bet is to wait untill someone cracks the 3.5 GCT and adds brawl EX. Its currently in the works, but it will take some time. PM very closely guards their source code, as they do not want "unofficial" builds floating around misinterpreting the official build... or something like that >.>

Shaoberg

Smash Rookie
your best bet is to wait untill someone cracks the 3.5 GCT and adds brawl EX. Its currently in the works, but it will take some time. PM very closely guards their source code, as they do not want "unofficial" builds floating around misinterpreting the official build... or something like that >.>
Cool.

kyleglor

Smash Cadet
I was actually thinking that this would be something that project m would like to try since people ask for Pichu and it wouldn't be as extensive as a real clone and could make more roster spots with and still have room for 5 more characters

Narpas_sword

the 'limited space' on the roster isnt because there are a limited amount of 'squares' to put on the character select screen. =/

Last edited:

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
That's what I'm saying use codes to make the charter tweaked to jusify a new roster slot
lol i highly doubt PM is limited to the "7" beta slots as they were originally. there is a TON of blank space on the brawl ISO. most of the data they code is used with pointers to fill the empty space. so even data limits aren't as bad. i don't see why they limit this tho. PM doesn't support BeX as a whole. i agree that it should be more or less opened up this way. but PM doesn't what there game changed too drastically >.> a bit ironic really.

zigheart

Smash Apprentice
they can add whatever the**** they want.

MEGAMAN FOR PM CONFIRMED START THE HYPE!!!!1!
oh i'm not just talking about adding things, i'm also talking about removing things. the code list is a pretty tightly guarded secret. they don't want any of the codes leaked. thus will not give them out for the projects like BeX since it would require the code list. in order to have BeX they would need to remove every aspect of masquerade and PM clone engine then add the correct files where they need to go. (id say codes but brawl ex only needs the file patch code it comes with) but none of the PM costume or clone codes are compatible with it.

Top Bottom