• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clobbah dat dere Kirbeh! The King Dedede main and social thread!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So the great greedy King of Dreamland, big penguin, lovable anti-hero and jolly happy jerk, and Kirby's main rival AKA King Dedede has been revealed at last, and his expressions? AWESOME!

Well, we all knew he was coming back anyway, but still, DEM HD EXPRESSIONS.

So basically, this is the thread for all King Dedede mains like myself to discuss the great King in general.
I know I'll be maining him again, no matter who else gets in, he is still going to be one of my top mains.

EDIT: Seeing one of the below posts: One more thing:

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Dat sexy penguin. YOU CAN'T DENY DEDEDE'S (hammer's) GIRTH. Dedede was one of my seconds, so I'm glad to see him back with those amazing expressions.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I plan on using all characters.

So long live the king!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The moment I saw this pic I realized Sakurai turned to the anime for King Dedede's new expressions. Theres even sweat particles and everything..

I loved the Kirby anime, so seeing King Dedede with expressions like this makes me happy.

I wouldn't want him to have his Texan accent from the anime though. Don't get me wrong, I love the line I referenced in the title of this thread as much as anyone, but I thought the way Sakurai voiced Dedede in Brawl was just perfect for Smash. Of course, I don't actually think him having his voice and accent in Smash 4 is even remotely likely, it's certainly not. And also, I think Sakurai will most likely voice the great King again.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Honestly, I wish king Dedede spoked. Why should Meta Knight be the only Kirby character to speak properly?

And I especially loved Ted Lewis' voice for Dedede.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Nice to see the King revealed. I will be planning on making an image gallery for him just like what I did with Zelda, so check it out! I'll have it up much later today.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Great to see Dedede back. I don't usually play as him, but he's overall fun. I just honestly hope his chain grab get's fixed because it's awful.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I just hate playing with my one friend when I play as a heavier character and he just kills me automatically. It's a crock.

Then again all chain grabs need to be fixed. It's bs.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The chain grab should definitely be nerfed. Though it's something I can enjoy performing at times during online Brawls, I agree there needs to be something done to, at the very least, nerf it, if not remove it entirely.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
I'm afraid he'll have a similar moveset to brawl but with his CG taken away. Maining him in Brawl, I don't want to imagine that kind of world. We'll havea few new pics for stuff though, but in the mean time...

I love how this Dedede looks, he has so much character in this one! I told myself if he was in I'd play him, looks like I'm gonna!

Morbi

Scavenger
I have to admit that I really do enjoy his new expressions, I might use him more this time around. That was one thing that I felt they could have improved back in Brawl. His voice-work had a lot of energy, but it wasn't reciprocated by the animation style.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
The voice of dedede from the anime could work with ssb4 dedede. Would like too see how it would turn out.

slambros

Smash Ace
I think it was right to announce him instead of Meta Knight because of his minigame in Triple Deluxe.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I've never been exceptionally good with King Dedede, but he has been one of my better ones. I'll say I'm in the fan club, because I just love the little penguin, but my mainage stays loyal to Charizard and Yoshi. For now, anyway.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The voice of dedede from the anime could work with ssb4 dedede. Would like too see how it would turn out.
Masahiro Sakurai doing a southern voice? XD (Assuming that Sakurai still will do his voice.)

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
Is there a reason why DeDeDe only makes animal noises? Kirby can say a few words, and meta knight speaks normally. It just seems weird to me that DDD still only makes weird noises.

Top Bottom