• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Climbing the Tier Charts: Ranking Mac in Ultimate

GMABreak

Smash Rookie
So that's Esam, Mew2King also thinks that with the new ground mechanic's buffs little mac has the "potential" to be "top tier".
https://imgur.com/a/J3pjfLr

Honestly I'll be happy if with the changes mac ends up being at least a low high tier or a top mid-tier, it's important not to jump to conclusions since we only have half of the cast or less available and in the other half there could very well be more mac counters or bad matchups, but all in all, I'm glad we got a ton of buffs to start things off and I can't wait to see players actually making use of mac's incredibly improved ground pressure with his on-command tilts after dashing. I'm most excited about running, down tilting safely and pressuring with down angle fsmash right after it, as well as running ftilts and all the stuff we can come up with the new mechanics we have at our disposal.

aarchak

Smash Ace
Can't wait, though it's buffing everybody's options, so it may not really end up changing his position on the tier lists much in the end. I think pros are just over-estimating him.

GMABreak

Smash Rookie
It is buffing everybody's ground options, but since Mac is pretty much ground-centric character his obviously taking the biggest buff out of this change. That said Sol did make the most accurate tier list lol.

Top Bottom