• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cleveland Oh, Feb. 11th Tournament

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
We had quite the sucess at the last tournament with 28 people showing up. This time around, we are increasing the size of the tournament to allow 40 people!! It's going to be at the same place, the escape LAN center. I do not have the registration link up yet, but please post here if you want to give me an idea of how many people will be able to join.

Here is the infor for the gaming center where the tournament will be held:

Escape

470 Northfield Road
Bedford, OH 44146
USA
Phone: 440-359-0192

I will put the registration link up once it is made, but feel free to post away!!

Here is the link for registration: http://www.igames.org/PlayerEventLocal.asp?reg=1&LocationEventID=46177

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
I am going to ask this very kindly and without saying any names. Please do not talk any trash in this thread. The last thread got locked from people disrespecting each other, and I was planning on using that thread to forward people to the new one, now I am unable to do so. Please go to another thread to talk trash; If I see anything that I deem innappropriate going on in this thread that might make my tournament less enjoyable for others, then I will restrict registration for certain people.

I am not discouraging people from coming, but this tournament is to have fun and let people of all skill levels come together for a good time. Please don't let a couple rotten apples ruin this for everyone.

x1372

Smash Ace
You know, you should really include some pertinent details before just making a thread.

rules for one. I mean, you don't even say if it's single or double elim.
And really, to have a good bracket structure, you should have a 32 or 64 man bracket, anything between will just get messy.

get some more information and you might have my interest.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
I agree, I need to get more info up, but until I can get the registration up, I don't really see the reasoning. I guess it could help if I did say something along the lines you suggest though.

It's going to be singles again, The next bi-weekly will have doubles when we get all the kinks worked out at the event. It's double elimination with MLG rules. Best 2 out of 3 all matches till semi's, then it's 3 of 5. Finals are 4 of 7. I just wanted to get the post up fast so people that attended this past sat's event would be able to quickly see that we are doing it again and get the date ready.

About the structure, it shouldn't be too bad to get it set up, using tourny master to set it up, so it should be quick and clean, but thanks for the concern. Any input in the tourny is better than none, and it's much appreciated.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Sweet, if I can get off of work that day, I'll be there again. I've been working on making my Fox a little less predictable and i'm liking the results.

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
GONZO!!!!!!! Oh snap, I'm looking forward to a rematch, hopefully you can beat me this time. your fox is really good, and if you make him more surprising, then I bet you can do really well in the next tourny.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Thanks, hopefully I can be there.
I've been working on my drillshines and chainthrows, I pretty much have it all down.
Hooray!

Phasion11

Smash Journeyman
Guys, here is the link for the registration, hurry up and register while there are still spots open!!

http://www.igames.org/PlayerEventLocal.asp?reg=1&LocationEventID=46177

This tourny will start at 2 p.m. and will be a singles tournament again. We are upping the amount of people to 40, so I'm looking forward to another good time everyone!! If there are any new players, we are using MLG rules, double elimination, 1 v 1.

I will also be putting this link in the beginning post of this thread.

I can't stress enough, register early, b/c there are sure to be a lot of people waiting for this registration.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
BAM! Registered...hope I make it for sure. Better call off work for that day and find a ride; cmon mom & pop.

Top Bottom