• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clean Up - READ THIS NOW

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Going through this room, I feel it is a bit messy. In the next few days, I want to archive a bunch of threads for a few reasons. Namely, I want to allow new threads to be made should these old ones exist already to facilitate future discussion. Also, I want to make this a new era.

I am planning to archive all pages after the first two. The last updated thread on the bottom of page 2 is January 31st.

Are there any threads that need to be cleaned up on Page 1 and Page 2?

Part of me wants to restart the console threads as well, but I may just go through them and delete needless posts.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I was given the suggestion by Werekill to create a subforum for Console discussions.

What are the thoughts on this?

I see two ways to do this:

- Move the threads as they are and leave it at that.
- Close the current threads, reopen them in there but with one thread per console.

Also, I wouldn't be opposed to having console debates again for the fun of it.

finalark

SNORLAX
I really don't feel the need to have a specific room for console discussions. That's what the console threads are for.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I don't see any good coming from console debates. They would likely devolve into flame wars, and whether or not they do, I don't see a large variety of points being brought up, especially at this point in the generation.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
I really don't feel the need to have a specific room for console discussions. That's what the console threads are for.
However, the threads take up a ton of space on the main page, and it makes an already cluttered board look even more cluttered.

Besides just the console threads, though, I also suggested that it could be a console and equipment discussion board, adding more reasons for the board's existence. Adding more things to talking about and cleaning up the main board seem like two very good things.

As for console debates... I feel like that should be up to CK and/or whoever else ends up modding the board. It seems like a very flame-happy kind of topic.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Console debates are unnecessary. Nobody cares that you need to justify which company you gave your money to.

I dunno, I never got the feeling that the LH was messy. Yes, there are more stickies than other subforums, but it's stuff that probably should be stickied in order to keep people from making random threads about news updates or maintenance on PSN or whatever. Also, the PC Gaming thread should probably be added to the stickies if that's the case.

D

Deleted member

I'm for moving the console threads to a new hardware room. It's fairly cluttered as it is, and if the SteamBox rumors turn out to be a full-fledged console, it won't help matters.

I can see the need for threads discussing controllers and such, too.

Top Bottom