• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clawing Floats - Improved Way of Csticking Aerials?

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
Both UmbreonMow and my friend Cory showed me a faster and more improved method in using the Cstick while performing FC's: Clawing. Clawing is positioning your index over the jump button (I use Y) while using your thumb to click the Cstick. I didn't see this in the search function so I hope I'm repeating anything old.

Some good utilities for this technique allows better control of DI during the float while performing aerials. I find myself getting Peach's Up Air juggles a lot quicker (especially on CF) than pressing the A button and it's easier following CF's DI. I'm also able to get Peach's Fair as a secondary replacement to her dash attack approach (I still setup up Dash Attack well though) and I'm able to follow up with more aerials, grabs, WD's, dashes, smashes or tilts. Clawing is wonderful.

It's still a little awkward wavedashing and grabbing using the Claw technique though and I find myself switching my finger position to the normal position to perform those feats like I normally do.

Who uses the Claw Technique for Peach? I'm curious to how most Peach mains use her floats.

-Peach Out!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I use claw for fox..but I have never heard of a peach player using it..intresting.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, the information isn't new, but i'm guessing not a lot of peaches uses it.

The Clawing makes it easier to deliver better aerials faster, but using it itself is difficult. My friend, DI King told me about this a few days ago. Yes, it is better using that then the A button, but it would take some time to master.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I use my palm to c-stick aerials as peach, since there is no way I could suddenly swap my index to Y button and thumb to c-stick, then back. >_>;
I agree, but then again, my friend, Hoyo was able to play with one hand while holding his cell (and talking calmly) with the other. PRO STATUS! XD

Really, I like to use my thumb for the A button and the Y button.

Actually, as I remember on a MLG show, this guy, Walshy (top no. 1 Halo 2 gamer) uses the claw technique (who I assume is the guy that created 'The Claw'). With it, he was able to move frequently while shooting and such in speed and accuracy. It's possible to use this technique for Smash as well

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
I use my palm to c-stick aerials as peach, since there is no way I could suddenly swap my index to Y button and thumb to c-stick, then back. >_>;

Yeah it's pretty hard clawing with Peach, but I'm getting much better at it. However, I'll try using my palm to test to see which is more effective. I'm still accustomed to using my thumb for jumping and what not so this method seems pretty attractive. Thanks Samochen!

teh_nuke

Smash Cadet
I use the claw and always have for peach's float aerials. I find it quite natural. I just pull my index finger off of the R button on to the X button, and my thumb slides to the C-Stick simultaneously. It is a very fast and natural transition for me. I go back to normal position even faster.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
I pick peach up every so often and when I float with her, I usually use Z for aerials. I'll try this out though.

Top Bottom