• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

clawing controller

reverie2

Smash Apprentice
Do high level players normally switch to claw temporarily when they need to do inputs fast? for example up throw up air is hard to do quickly with just holding the controller normally. I feel like just using the normal grip isn't fast enough sometimes (or i'm just too slow)? Is it common for people to switch to claw temporarily in these scenarios?

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Some players (including M2K AFAIK) switch to claw when they absolutely need it.

Rlagkrud

Smash Cadet
i'm just curious, why does up throw up air require super fast input?
isn't it just grab, flick up, press y, and c stick up?

YellowTorpedo

Smash Rookie
Technically, you don't even have to move your fingers to do an upthrow upair. You could grab, cstick upthrow, tap jump, cstick again. I normally do cstick -> y -> cstick though, and I don't feel like it's too difficult.

Lime Cultivist

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3368-3457-2010
Sometimes I gotta claw a bit for jump cancelling things. And apparently my grip is a weird half claw thing that confused players that hadn't seen me play before - just seems like a normal grip for me.

Top Bottom