• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Classic: Rival died before you reached them?

HerrAlex

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerrAlex
Title. I remember they mentioned it could happen in the 50-Fact Extravaganza or somewhere else but it had never happened to me... until about a week ago. My rival got KO'd off the tournament board after my 2nd match. Had this ever happened to you?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It can happen sometimes, but it's not like it'll affect your progress in Classic; you just won't get the rewards that the rival might have in its possession.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
My rival is eliminated before I get there in about 5% of my solo classic runs. I always thought of it as normal.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
It seems like they are eliminated more often recently, in approximately 15% of my runs. I do not know whether it has to do with the fact that I almost exclusively play it at 9.0 difficulty now, or if I am just lucky, or if the last update altered the chances. In any event, it definitely helps when it happens.

Top Bottom