• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Controller Pro Vs. HORI Battle Pad

CCP or HORI

• Total voters

Pale Tuna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sdarian
Hello! Due to Club Nintendo's soon retirement, we were blessed with quite the number of virtual console games, some I already have such as Smash 64 and Majora's Mask but have not been able to play since I do not have a Classic. Most of these games require a Classic Controller, therefore I was thinking of purchasing that or the HORI which functions as one. I would also like one of these to also play PM with since I rather not have to open up my Wii and plug the Gamecube controllers in it as it is too much work. I currently use a Pro Controller for Smash but I would like to be able to switch to another controller just in case a friend comes over and is not familiar with other controller options besides the Pro. Plus, the HORI and Classic Pro both have octagonal analog carvings so that's definitely a plus over the Pro Controller. So my questions are:

1. How well does the Classic Controller Pro/HORI Battle Pad function with Smash Wii U?

2. How well does the Classic Controller Pro/HORI Battle Pad function with Project M?

3. Which is more comfortable?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
What's a HORI battle pad? Picture please?

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
Don't have experience with the Classic Controller Pro, but do with the HORI Battle Pad--don't like it at all. Feels plasticky compared to the original GameCube controller and the analog sticks are uncomfortably high.

Top Bottom