• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Classic Boss

RogerWazup007

Smash Cadet
I'm having trouble with Omega Core on higher difficulties. I beat it at 7.5 or 8, but it seems nearly impossible to avoid damage, especially in the sword form. Maybe it just takes practice to know when to dodge or block. Are all attacks avoidable? Is it possible to beat it at 9.0 without taking a single hit by skill alone (meaning without relying on luck)? I'm sick of losing so many collectibles. The attacks I'm having the most difficulty avoiding at the moment is being grabbed and swallowed in the second form, having the stage lifted while the energy balls are in the air, and many of the sword attacks, especially the multi-slash one followed by the strong slash from above.

Edit: Holy f***, I just lost because time ran out.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
In my experience, all of those attacks can be easily avoided by keeping an eye on the hitboxes that will damage you. That may sound abysmally simple, but really, that's all you need to know.

Really, the only difference between Master Core and every other boss is that he's bigger and has more moves at his disposal. They can all be pretty easily avoided with care and patience - the higher difficulties just mean they're stronger and come at you faster.

If you're having trouble at such high difficulties, I'd suggest practicising at lower levels first before moving on up. There's no shame in admitting defeat if it helps you get better in the long run.

Sometimes it is just down to dumb luck and providence, though: I've thrashed him with characters I don't even use, then had to retry over and over again with my best characters. Accept that you'll probably take a few hits, even at the lower levels, and just work on minimising that damage so you can still hold on long enough to defeat Master Core.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have yet to face Master Core, but you are able to use custom equipment in Classic Mode. Depending on your character, you could try boosting his/her defenses to improve your survival odds, though I don't know if the Dark Clone Form mimics those stat changes.

RogerWazup007

Smash Cadet
Recovery items certainly make it easier. I'm still having trouble against the sword form, especially the circle attack. I was doing extremely well with Ike until I got pushed off stage with another form's wind vortex, and with his horrible recovery I couldn't get back on; then I was killed by that circle move with the swords.

F*** I give up. I FINALLY beat master core at 9.0 only to lose against a shadow version of myself, which I've almost never lost against before.

Last edited by a moderator:

RogerWazup007

Smash Cadet
I found an easy way to beat it! Max out Charizard's attack as much as possible, or save one for defense. Keep using rock smash; each form will only take a few hits. I just beat it easily and am actually surprised that I lost a stock (against the sword of course).

xXShadeXx

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3241-7928-4020
Well congrats on beating it. I beat it myself earlier today. Used Ness, gave him a recovering power-up, gave him his second custom PK fire, and Lucas' PK Thunder. Worked like a charm. The sword form was the only one that gave me trouble.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
I think some player just beat Master Core at 9.0 without taking any damage as Ganondorf.

Top Bottom