• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Classic at 9.0 without losing stocks? Pffft, that's easy.

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
The really hard one and time consuming is the friggin metroid one in smash tour.

Its literally the only challenge-challenge left aside from Classic in 7.0 with all characters and all-star on hard with all characters. (Which is way easy to accomplish)

Seriously

how do you win

the Metroid is hard for make it to appear, you also need for it to appear near you, you also need for the CPU to not intervene, then you must hope he goes your way, reappear near you again, go for you again, and yet again make the CPU not intervene.

It doesnt help that the metroid always appears on the latest turns. and neither does the fact that the mode itself is really slow.

Who thought this challenge was a good idea.

I have all my 5 golden hammers but if I resisted to not use it on the 9.0 without losing stocks then Im sure I want to complete it without "cheating"

btw, I cant get wiimotes or any other controller because reasons...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The thread title really doesn't match the real question that you're asking. Also, I fear that your thread title may give people the wrong idea, as clearing Classic at intensity 9.0 without losing any lives is "not" an easy task, and not just anyone can pull that off.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
btw, I cant get wiimotes or any other controller because reasons...
Then you're pretty much **** outta luck. I got this challenge by using three other controllers as dummies, and even then it took awhile, because the stupid Metroid ran into someone else of it's own accord far too often.

Seriously, who thought Smash Tour was anything but a waste of disc space?

Last edited:

Kerokuu Kappa

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3539-8838-3028
That 'take back your boosts from a metroid' challenge?
It just happened, like, I didn't try to do it.

Zaprong

Smash Apprentice
The thread title really doesn't match the real question that you're asking. Also, I fear that your thread title may give people the wrong idea, as clearing Classic at intensity 9.0 without losing any lives is "not" an easy task, and not just anyone can pull that off.
RIP Joke

And it isnt a question.

I just want to see other people share their experience with This challenge

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
This challenge can go hide in a deep, deep hole. I love the parasite queen theme, so unlocking it was a must for me.

I was literally kneeing in front of my TV, with my pro controller,gamepad and 2 wiimotes, trying to manage each characters movements for 3 friggin runs of smash tour, JUST to have the metroid pop up!

I got the challenge afterwards (just don't move when it appears. it moves on its own for a bit and stops then. use whichever character is closest to smack into it. rinse and repeat)

What's even more frustrating was to defeat one of the bosses for the ridley trophy. that ordeal took me n additional 2 runs...

Sakurai, I respect your intentions, but smash tour is horrible D=

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
That 'take back your boosts from a metroid' challenge?
It just happened, like, I didn't try to do it.
This happened to me too. I played a lot of Smash Tour early on, and got all of the associated challenges done fairly quickly.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
This challenge can go hide in a deep, deep hole. I love the parasite queen theme, so unlocking it was a must for me.

I was literally kneeing in front of my TV, with my pro controller,gamepad and 2 wiimotes, trying to manage each characters movements for 3 friggin runs of smash tour, JUST to have the metroid pop up!

I got the challenge afterwards (just don't move when it appears. it moves on its own for a bit and stops then. use whichever character is closest to smack into it. rinse and repeat)

What's even more frustrating was to defeat one of the bosses for the ridley trophy. that ordeal took me n additional 2 runs...

Sakurai, I respect your intentions, but smash tour is horrible D=
It's not so much Smash Tour that's the problem, but the fact that its challenges involve a lot of luck that's hard to come by when you're playing alone.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I got this on my own against CPUs after a good few tries. A Metroid spawned right beside me and I got it, and had it cornered so I was able to get my stuff back.

Doing Smash Tour over and over again for this had the benefit of getting me a lot of customs and Crazy Orders tickets, though.

Inazuma

Smash Cadet
NNID
inazuma65
World Smash (Smash Tour) is absolutely horrible and being required to play it for some of the challenges is also horrible. It took me hours using 4 controllers to clear the Metroid challenge.

When I buy a video game like Smash Brothers, I just want to play Smash. I don't want to mess around with tons of random and stupid game modes for 60 hours, just trying to get full access to the game I spent money on. They really should have just added an option to instantly unlock 100% of the game for people like me.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Completing the Smash Tour challenges was nowhere near as painful as beating All Star on Hard with Duck Hunt. Not even remotely close.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
World Smash (Smash Tour) is absolutely horrible and being required to play it for some of the challenges is also horrible. It took me hours using 4 controllers to clear the Metroid challenge.

When I buy a video game like Smash Brothers, I just want to play Smash. I don't want to mess around with tons of random and stupid game modes for 60 hours, just trying to get full access to the game I spent money on. They really should have just added an option to instantly unlock 100% of the game for people like me.
Uh.. no. That is like allowing someone to instantly beat an RPG because they're too lazy. Yes it was poorly made, but you shouldn't be able to beat a game like this within minutes instead of hundreds of hours and waste the dev's time, simply because you don't want to play a certain mode.

Inazuma

Smash Cadet
NNID
inazuma65
Uh.. no. That is like allowing someone to instantly beat an RPG because they're too lazy. Yes it was poorly made, but you shouldn't be able to beat a game like this within minutes instead of hundreds of hours and waste the dev's time, simply because you don't want to play a certain mode.
Then don't use the option to unlock 100% of the game. If you want to play through the whole game and unlock everything the normal way, you can do so.

What about when you lose your 100% save file? Wouldn't it be nice to select an option to instantly unlock the full game? If I ever lose my Smash Wii U save file, I will be extremely upset and may just give up on the game altogether.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
If you max out Turns for Smash Tour, you get a Metroid or Boss every other game, in my experience.

xpRo

Smash Cadet
I "played" 8 games with maxed turns (4 controller afk)--ran into several bosses but didn't see a Metroid until the last game. The inconsistency can be frustrating.

MezzoMe

Smash Ace
I ran two times against a Metroid, the second times with a 25 turns play.
In the second time I realized that Metroids can use pipes, then i eventually catched him and took back my power-ups, with the help of an Excitebike trophy and the RNG of the Metroid's AI that made him run against me, and there were three CPUs.
I guess I got lucky but remember that with practice, you can get the timing to hit a 5 or a 6, just like in Mario Party.
It looks like I' the only one here that likes Smash Tour, mainly because I like crazy randomness.

Chocoroko

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chocoroko
The frustrating part is that the Metroid is based off a random event. The odds of getting one to appear can be in your favor or vice versa. It's really all about luck, at first, but the next step is pretty strategic (with a pinch of luck). So long as the other 3 players aren't in your way or in the Metroid's way, then you can easily bump back into it.

It's honestly straightforward, but it's still not my favorite challenge to accomplish. But I wouldn't even use a gold hammer on it. There's far worse challenges, even making Metroid seem tame. You don't lose much in this situation, but it will require more trial and error. Not impossible one bit.

Top Bottom