• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clans, Guilds, Teams?

LORDDJINNX

Smash Rookie
Now that online play has been introduced, does anyone have a "clan" or whatever it may be called for SSB?

Any tip to the real lingo is appreciated.

Anyways, I was curious to see if anyone is doing this. Making teams for team battles, tournaments, and whatever else you can do online with SSB.

Are there leagues? If so, how does it work? How do you "rank" compared to other players?

LORDDJINNX

Smash Rookie
Anyone?? No one knows anything about Clan/Guild/Team things?? There is ALWAYS some form of clan on games like this....

Leagues??????? Hello? is anyone out there??

LORDDJINNX

Smash Rookie
Ahh i see, right on.

So tell me, how does it work? How does the Clan system work for you guys? Do you use tags? Is it just something you say you are apart of and use a picture to tag yourself?

Do you do clan battles? How do you set things up? LOL, I am just interested in how people are doing this so any info would be extremely helpful!!

Thank you

Mazui

Smash Cadet
Well, we use Tags. Cuz picture's arent really helpful cuz anyone can have those.
We currently dont do clan battles becuz not everyone has Freeloader + Brawl. Or a modded Wii.
Hmm, how you set up...
Just get a few friends or people that are interested and then just get a Free Forum.
And if you become a great succes maybe also build a site and purchase an domain.

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
You know that sounds really interesting. I'de love to start a clan or guild with some people. I think that would be awesome. Maybe I'll talk to some people on here and start a forum thing. Would you be interested LORDDJINX?

LORDDJINNX

Smash Rookie
Ya sure, i'm always interested in joining up for some clan stuff. I like the ranking idea, so maybe we can get a league going.

So you know, I am a web developer so getting a website and forum and tracking all that stuff is something i do for work and my free time. So there is a little bonus to having me in a clan. ;-) LOL.

Tempt... what is Freeloader and how do i mod my Wii?????????? I AM VERY INTERESTED!

kazaken455

Smash Apprentice
Hey, that would work really well!! I could work with the rankings and setting up matches, where you could do stuff with the website. I'll send you a pm about it!

hectohertz

Smash Ace
freeloader + modded wii?
please, please, tell me that someone has somehow hacked this game to expand the online content. i would be willing to get a modchip if that is true.
temp, please elaborate

Mazui

Smash Cadet
kk dudes lemme see.

Freeloader:
Its an sorta game disc that bypasses your Wii so you can play imported games.
Example:
PAL Wii
NTSC Game
EU Freeloader

And it should work fine.

Modded Wii:
If you mod your Wii, you will get a chip in your Wii.
With that chip in the Wii you can play backups or burned games.
It depends on the kind of chip you choose.
I would prefer D2Pro or Wiikey.
You could mod your Wii yourself by buying a Modchip from an online store or something.
And the you just solder it in.
But i would prefer if your not really good with that to let it get modded by someone.
Most of the time the site says that you can let it mod there, but i dunno sure if that is true in your country.

@MTH
Hmm, not really.
Just the same.

Top Bottom