• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Claiming the Noodle

Orion_

Smash Rookie
Alright, so Roy has a noodle for a sword, but it can change. If you whack people just right with it, it's a gas-powered flaming pool noodle. If you don't, it's a rather large and floppy spaghetti noodle. While playing the character, I'm sure pretty much all of us have accidentally hit people with the spaghetti noodle instead of the pool noodle, and left the opponent pretty much unharmed.

What I'd like to do in this thread is to categorically find each of Roy's sourspots and find out: what can we do to follow up after hitting with them. If it's a spot so sour that there is no hitstun, that's pretty much out the window. I'm going to load up 20XX in a bit and take a good look at each spaghettiable move and see what the options are to make use of the low knockback and make combos happen.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
kanado or whatever's perfect marth thread has the knockback and damage for all of his moves so you should probably look at that instead.

all of his sourspots are 99% useless due to his lag

Orion_

Smash Rookie
Then the 1% is what I will find. Weakness shall become strength.

Kadano's thread is amazing, but I'm not sure where to find data for Roy in it. I'll take another look.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
his frame data dump has the knockback and damage for about 80-90% of the moves in the game

Orion_

Smash Rookie
Aha, found it. It was linked further down in the thread, a modification of Toomai's original data. Thanks for the tip, I'll definitely be using this.

Link24a

Smash Journeyman
Landing sourspot Uair works quite well into Dtilt I can say from experience

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Sourspotted aerials combo at extremely high percents into f-smash and stuff (but not if the enemy crouch cancels). Usually you want to try to hit them out of the air so that they don't have the CC option.

Top Bottom