• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Circle Pad jump or nah? (3DS)

Sidhe Sí

Smash Rookie
NNID
InfiniteAlchemy
3DS FC
3926-5917-6773
I've been using the default set up since I got the game, and while it was great for getting to grips with Smash 4, I'm finding some of the inputs a little awkward when i'm trying to pull off certain combos (Dash -> Fair, for example) with regards to the circle pad set to jumping and I seem to be constantly doing the wrong move. Would it be better to switch to button jumps, or just practice inputs and stuff?? *~*

Poppy JR.

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Poppy JR.
3DS FC
3668-8475-0899
I used to use the stick to jump in Brawl, but when I switched to the 3DS, I had trouble tilting, as I tended to jump instead. I ended up using Y to jump, and now jumping with the stick feels weird to me.

Really, it's up to what feels comfortable to you. Try just using Y or X to jump in training for a bit to see what feels better. Making a switch may feel weird at first, but stick with it, (no pun intended), and I think you'll find you'll be inputting much more accurately.

Hope you find help!

Top Bottom