• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chrome just won SNES

T3h Albino

Smash Master
In an incredible upset against Ally. He beat him in the first set 3-2 then beat him in the next set 3-1. Nobody saw this coming *ok some of you did* a diddy kong taking first place in a national and taking out big names such as Lain,Anther,M2k,and Ally. This tournament was incredible and i see brawl in a new light now 0-o.

So uhmm props to you Wyatt you really proved yourself tonight.

*puts up flame shield*

Purple

Hi guys!
In an incredible upset against Ally. He beat him in the first set 3-2 then beat him in the next set 3-1. Nobody saw this coming *ok some of you did* a diddy kong taking first place in a national and taking out big names such as Lain,Anther,M2k,and Ally. This tournament was incredible and i see brawl in a new light now 0-o.

So uhmm props to you Wyatt you really proved yourself tonight.

*puts up flame shield*
not entirely too important.

but cool i guess.

now everyone will want to main diddy or something ;/

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
:o Diddy wins national by beating Ally....and with the set scores I can only say I'm impressed. xD Go Chrome.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
And now it begins....

EVERYONE PICK UP DIDDY BECAUSE WE HAVE NO PRIDE! BANDWAGON HIM NOW!
-_-

AfroQT

Smash Master
Rofl why would that make you view the game in a new light?

Diddy is like what... top 5? Why are people surprised...
Diddy does good against MK and goes even with Snake...i dont see the big deal here.

Gratz to the winner i guess.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I don't see how this makes you see in Brawl in a new light. The only thing it does for me is show how the metagame is nearing its end. I've already told this to a few people: "Now we've got another top player to trade off spot #1 until the next national tournament"...................

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I don't see how this makes you see in Brawl in a new light. The only thing it does for me is show how the metagame is nearing its end. I've already told this to a few people: "Now we've got another top player to trade off spot #1 until the next national tournament"...................
This doesn't any sense to me. How is the metagame nearing its end if people are getting better. This just ,eans that diddy had untapped potential that people werent using.

T3h Albino

Smash Master
Well I can honestly say i didn't see that coming. I saw ally or m2k taking top 1/2 again. ADHD told me on aim the day before he left that he was going to beat m2k. I didn't beleive him lol. Also after ninjalink beat m2k and everyone went into a craze that diddy beat mk or whatever m2k learned the matchup and started ****ting on diddy. Also I beleive diddy does have a not so great matchup against snake. I thought brawl was slowing down too, but obviously i was mistaken.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Well I can honestly say i didn't see that coming. I saw afro? or m2k taking top 1/2 again. ADHD told me on aim the day before he left that he was going to beat m2k. I didn't beleive him lol. Also after ninjalink beat m2k and everyone went into a craze that diddy beat mk or whatever m2k learned the matchup and started ****ting on diddy. Also I beleive diddy does have a not so great matchup against snake. I thought brawl was slowing down too, but obviously i was mistaken.
I think you mean Ally?

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Looks like Chrome is the new flavor of the week lol

This doesn't any sense to me. How is the metagame nearing its end if people are getting better. This just ,eans that diddy had untapped potential that people werent using.
Or perhaps the game is random and lacks depth due to the fact that ever other tourney a new player comes up and beats M2K
and at this rate ally lol
I think that's what BBQ had in mind when he made that post

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Looks like Chrome is the new flavor of the week lol

Or perhaps the game is random and lacks depth due to the fact that ever other tourney a new player comes up and beats M2K
and at this rate ally lol
I think that's what BBQ had in mind when he made that post
Diddy has always been known to do good against mk, and adhd has been known to place well in like.. every tourney hes been to. So because m2k loses to good players this game lacks depth?
Adhd isn't a random player lol.

I still pretty much the same people placing high, and until I start seeing completey random people winning nationals, then ill come to the conclusion that this game is completely random.

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah, this tourny brawl grand finals was so much more hype than melee

melee was mango and hax falcon dittos

The Alpha Gundam

Smash Champion
Diddy has always been known to do good against mk, and adhd has been known to place well in like.. every tourney hes been to. So because m2k loses to good players this game lacks depth?
Adhd isn't a random player lol.

I still pretty much the same people placing high, and until I start seeing completey random people winning nationals, then ill come to the conclusion that this game is completely random.
Never said ADHD was random lol
My comment refers to the amount of players i see that come out of the blue and do very well in this game. Like every other week someone come up and does ridiculous well in tourney * Exaggerating a bit but you get my point*

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Never said ADHD was random lol
My comment refers to the amount of players i see that come out of the blue and do very well in this game. Like every other week someone come up and does ridiculous well in tourney * Exaggerating a bit but you get my point*
No I get ya dude.

Also I don't think ive seen that happen, except for some really good wifi players that enter the tourney scene and do well which happens from time to time to time.

But I don't consider them random, just people who haven't been able to go to tournies,and are forced to play on wifi until it happens

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i was pretty happy to see wyatt bring it home.

diddy is at a disadvantage against both snake and MK, but he does better in the matchup than other chars

Ally's DI is ****ing ridiculous though :laugh:

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Lounis:

I always think that when there's never an obvious "best player", then the metagame is pretty much finished.

For example, Mango always wins Melee, which means the metagame for melee is still evolving because there is a single player that uses tricks and mindgames that other players do not utilize because they have not evolved to that point. When Mew2king was dominating in '06, people could not keep up with him because he seemed to play perfectly, but people caught up to his metagame and now we're to the point where he got 5th at the last national melee tournament.

In Brawl, there were two players that would usually trade off 1st place (M2k and Ally). Since they would trade 1st place so often, it would mean that they are at the same level of metagame. Now that ADHD beat them both, it must mean that he has caught up to their level of skill. If Brawl's metagame was still evolving, then M2k or Ally should still be coming up with new tricks and mindgames and one of them shouldn't have lost to ADHD.

However, I still think it's a bit too soon to decide if Brawl's metagame is near finished. If the next few national tournaments seem to just trade off with a few top players, then I'll be pretty much convinced. If, say M2k, won the next few tournaments, then I'd retract all of this ****.

Rayku

Smash Lord
BBQ you are absolutely obsessed with the word "mindgames"

I think I see you write it every post you make.

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
M2k has beaten ADHD at many tourneys in NJ and won most of them

I dont see how the metagame has ended both M2k and ally both have more OOS wins than ADHD

I see what you are saying but I think that the metagame has far from ended

Fuego Fox

Smash Journeyman
M2k has beaten ADHD at many tourneys in NJ and won most of them

I dont see how the metagame has ended both M2k and ally both have more OOS wins than ADHD

I see what you are saying but I think that the metagame has far from ended

Top Bottom