• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Singing for Paradise Chorus Kids for Smash

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I still support these guys! It would be awesome to finally get a playable Rhythm Heaven character in Smash this time around, and the Chorus Kids are still my first choice. If not them then Tibby, Marshal, or Rhythm Girl could work too. While I like Karate Joe as a character, I feel RH should have a random, weird, or a music type character to accurately rep the series. That being said if Karate Joe were to get in, I'd still be happy that RH finally got a character.

Also, you know how after the victory theme for a character is played the Smash 64 character selection theme plays right after with the exception of Cloud? I was thinking that the Chorus Kids could be another exception and instead have the Superb Theme from Rhythm Heaven DS play instead of the generic one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJHmqJipuXY

Last edited:

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Hey, I still support these guys! It would be awesome to finally get a playable Rhythm Heaven character in Smash this time around, and the Chorus Kids are still my first choice. If not them then Tibby, Marshal, or Rhythm Girl could work too. While I like Karate Joe as a character, I feel RH should have a random, weird, or music type character to accurately rep the series. That being said if Karate Joe were to get in, I'd still be happy that RH finally got a character.

Also, you know how after the victory theme for a character is played the Smash 64 character selection theme plays right after with the exception of Cloud? I was thinking that the Chorus Kids could be another exception and instead have the Superb Theme from Rhythm Heaven DS play instead of the generic one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJHmqJipuXY
I completely agree with you about how a Rhythm Heaven character should be weird or random. It would best represent how quirky a game like Rhythm Heaven is. I really like that idea about the victory screen, too! As much I would like it though, I feel like we'll just get a remixed and shortened version of one of the superb themes.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
I really like that idea about the victory screen, too! As much I would like it though, I feel like we'll just get a remixed and shortened version of one of the superb themes.
I'd be good with that too. Hopefully they'd pick the DS Superb theme since that one is my favorite, haha.

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
Oh I'd like to be added as a supporter!

I think the most nerveracking thing about the Chorus Kids, or a Rhythm Heaven character in general, is that its very likely gonna be a hidden character so we'll have to wait for the game to be out AND for every character to be unlocked (and we'll only have like 8-12 since the start so its gonna take some time...). But hopefully they really make it this time!

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Oh I'd like to be added as a supporter!

I think the most nerveracking thing about the Chorus Kids, or a Rhythm Heaven character in general, is that its very likely gonna be a hidden character so we'll have to wait for the game to be out AND for every character to be unlocked (and we'll only have like 8-12 since the start so its gonna take some time...). But hopefully they really make it this time!
That's one of my big worries too haha. I'd like to think they would reveal them before release because it's a new, non-retro franchise, but that's probably just wishful thinking oof

Cloudy

Smash Apprentice
That's one of my big worries too haha. I'd like to think they would reveal them before release because it's a new, non-retro franchise, but that's probably just wishful thinking oof
Like I've said before, a Rhythm Heaven rep is the most likely "I totally didn't expect this!" secret character like Jigglypuff, Mr.G&W, ROB and Duck Hunt. I mean eventually Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt got their trailers released, so hopefully they get a trailer on youtube post game release. As long as we get the character I'll be happy.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I just beat Megamix last night, honestly the experience resonated with me and I'm fully motivated to attempt 100% completion of the game. It's really an amazing title. I'm also now quite a fan of this franchise.

I like the Chorus Kids, but my first choice would be Tibby. It does seem more likely that Chorus Kids or Karate Joe would be selected over a brand new mascot, however, as it's my understanding that Tibby is only in Megamix, but regardless of choice I would hope that the moveset of this character incorporates multiple characters or objects from all of the minigames. I imagine a moveset for Tibby where he pulls various minigames out of his afro to attack, since he can store coins in there, but I suppose something just as diverse would work for Chorus Kids as well. Either way, I'm extremely interested in seeing a Rhythm Heaven character that represents all of the quirky minigames in the series, not just one of them. If Chorus Kids can accomplish this I would be absolutely ecstatic to see them in.

Door Key Pig

Smash Lord
I'd personally be cool with any Rhythm Heaven character getting in, and though the only suggestion of the Chorus Kids getting in was the Gemetsu leak, their trio existence easily lends itself to representing rhythm-based attacks (assuming those can exist within the music-filled stages, like if they were led with a voice going "one two three GO" or something). Tibby probably better suits the concept of honing different rhythm minigames, but has only had the recent one recent appearance, albeit the only role that could be called a protagonist role in the series.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
While there's a lot of choices for a rhythm heaven rep in smash, these guys i want in the most out of the many RH characters (hence why they're on my signature) i support these guys fully :3

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I'd love to have a Rhythm Heaven character in Smash given the unique possibilities the Smash team would do with a Rhythm focused moveset. A problem with me was I was always unsure which character to choose which is why I took so long to make this as I was unsure what character I should do. Since Karate Joe has already been done I decided to do Chorus Kids keeping them in their original 2D style.

sonofwiseii

Smash Rookie
Sign me up for the support list, if you please. I love Rhythm Heaven so much, I'd really accept any rep at this point, but the Chorus Kids are the ones I want most. Honestly, I think an RH character + stage is probably the thing at the top of my wish list for Ultimate at the moment.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I'd like to be added as well. Seems like a golden opportunity to finish leftover assets from Smash 4 if they really were the planned RH character, and I was always intrigued by how doubly unique they would be with both a trio and rhythm-based mechanics.

noise r us

Smash Rookie
if you still are, i'd love to be added to the supporters list. i really hope this is their time

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
So here's a question I've been wondering about, if the Chorus Kids were taken out of the game due to technical capabilities, do you think that 8-Player Smash would and did also harshly impact their inclusion?
I'm guessing no, given that Ice Climbers are back and they seemingly would be able to handle that now it's on the Switch. But I'm legitimately curious if that could've been one of the factors in their supposed removal.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
So here's a question I've been wondering about, if the Chorus Kids were taken out of the game due to technical capabilities, do you think that 8-Player Smash would and did also harshly impact their inclusion?
I'm guessing no, given that Ice Climbers are back and they seemingly would be able to handle that now it's on the Switch. But I'm legitimately curious if that could've been one of the factors in their supposed removal.
Well, I never really believed that they they were cut due to technical limitations. They would definitely not play like Ice climbers plus one. It always made more sense that the other chorus men would pop up for attacks. Each of them having their own AI would be really weird and unnecessary. Anyways, if that was ever a problem making them 2D would maybe help, although I still don't think that's why they were cut. Rhythm Heaven is an niche franchise, so I doubt it got the kind of attention other series' got during Smash 4's development. I find it much more likely they were just low priority characters that didn't make the roster. I believe Sakurai stated there were some scrapped newcomers and we know Bowser Jr. almost didn't make it, so it is possible.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Well, I never really believed that they they were cut due to technical limitations. They would definitely not play like Ice climbers plus one. It always made more sense that the other chorus men would pop up for attacks. Each of them having their own AI would be really weird and unnecessary. Anyways, if that was ever a problem making them 2D would maybe help, although I still don't think that's why they were cut. Rhythm Heaven is an niche franchise, so I doubt it got the kind of attention other series' got during Smash 4's development. I find it much more likely they were just low priority characters that didn't make the roster. I believe Sakurai stated there were some scrapped newcomers and we know Bowser Jr. almost didn't make it, so it is possible.
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from in that regard. I guess I thought of them being more along the lines of all three models working as one on stage, as opposed to only one of them showing up or being there.
So it's probably possible that, like you said, were deemed low priority and scrapped because of it. It's just odd to me if Sakurai actually went to the team who works on Rhythm Heaven and asked for them to be in the game, like he does for all characters, only to dismiss them at the end. To be fair, we'll never really know outside of speculation based upon Gematsu and the data mine, unless they get in/and or Sakurai comments on them.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from in that regard. I guess I thought of them being more along the lines of all three models working as one on stage, as opposed to only one of them showing up or being there.
So it's probably possible that, like you said, were deemed low priority and scrapped because of it. It's just odd to me if Sakurai actually went to the team who works on Rhythm Heaven and asked for them to be in the game, like he does for all characters, only to dismiss them at the end. To be fair, we'll never really know outside of speculation based upon Gematsu and the data mine, unless they get in/and or Sakurai comments on them.
Yeah, I agree it's kind of weird Sakurai would cut them after telling the Rhythm Heaven team they would make it, but I'm sure he intended for them to make the roster at the time. It's also possible he didn't realize how much work it would take to make both a 3ds and Wii U version and overshot with the amount of newcomers he wanted to include. I have a feeling Sakurai decided to prioritize the other new IPs represented in Smash 4, and by the time it was Rhythm Heaven's turn, it was too much work to add stages, music, and other things a new franchise brings with them. I really hope they were cut so the series could be fleshed out in this game, as not having them again would be really disappointing.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Alright, so I doubt we'll get the Chorus Kids revealed tomorrow. They're just not popular enough. We do have to watch out for assists and stages though. If any of those get revealed for the Rhythm Heaven series, I'd count them disconfirmed. Hopefully this won't happen though

chronomantic

Smash Ace
So I saw the birth of the tired and infamous gematsu leak a thousand years ago and with it my love for the Chorus Kids. Just because they're cute and their moveset has crazy creative potential. Who knows if they were/are considered but I'm in, even if they're AT then that'll be fine for me too.

Last edited:

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
I really do not think it has much to do with the importance of the character in Smash Direct, but I do not think they confirm it tomorrow, it would be too good to be true.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Yeah I dont think Chorus Kids will be reveal tomorrow but who knows Sakurai is a troll.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I mean it's possible they could be revealed, given the majority of Rhythm Heaven's fanbase and popularity is based in Japan, and many people believe this will be a character wanted/known in Japan given Sakurai's comments.
I personally doubt it honestly, but it'd be great to see. I think if we get the Chorus Kids, or any RH rep for that matter, they'll probably be secret unlockable characters alongside a potential retro character and maybe an echo.

Esquelen

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0130-1916-2977
Switch FC
SW-3004-0190-2265
Do you know if the symbol they found in the swapnote game data was an assistant or specifically a scenario?

There could be the possibility of the Chorus Kids in that way.

It is very stranger that we still do not have anything of Rhythm Heaven, nor as an assistant.

By the way, as we have seen, the limitations of characters are not a problem in smash, look how there will be Dittos becoming the characters.

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Do you know if the symbol they found in the swapnote game data was an assistant or specifically a scenario?

There could be the possibility of the Chorus Kids in that way.

It is very stranger that we still do not have anything of Rhythm Heaven, nor as an assistant.
As far as we know, the Rhythm Heaven symbol was included with the character roster symbols as opposed to stage or any miscellaneous ones.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
well not deconfirmed yet although that might have been the full roster
I wouldn't say that as I'd feel they would've gave confirmation to that, especially at the end of the art scroll, but they left the background music still after adding them. I'm sure we'll see more newcomers, but not as many as people are probably hoping for.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I wouldn't say that as I'd feel they would've gave confirmation to that, especially at the end of the art scroll, but they left the background music still play after adding them. I'm sure we'll see more newcomers, but not as many as people are probably hoping for.
its just on nintendo uk's website they had a picture of a special edition with the current panoramic art on it so i thought that could have been a sign that that was it

could have been a place holder i suppose

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
We might actually have a shot guys. If there is no Rhyhtm Heaven rep, I have no doubt in my mind they will get an assist. Things are looking up.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I see Chorus Kids being reveal close to the release or maybe a secret character.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
Not a single Rhythm Heaven representation in sight. Either this is a really good sign or a really bad sign. I’m starting to get my hopes up.

One thing though is that the only other rhythm-based stage, Hanenbow, has NOT made an appearance.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
Not a single Rhythm Heaven representation in sight. Either this is a really good sign or a really bad sign. I’m starting to get my hopes up.

One thing though is that the only other rhythm-based stage, Hanenbow, has NOT made an appearance.
I believe it's good sign. We would definately get an assist at least

And Hananbow actually has been confirmed in the site. It shouldn't affect a Rhyhtm heaven reps chances though.

xjthegulpin

Smash Apprentice
I believe it's good sign. We would definately get an assist at least

And Hananbow actually has been confirmed in the site. It shouldn't affect a Rhyhtm heaven reps chances though.
Woops my bad, thanks for clarifying. Yeah it was a stretch anyways.

Considering Rhythm Heaven was at least planned for Smash 4 + the return of Chrom + Nikki appearance, I think we might have something here

Last edited:

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
Sakurai did say that all characters will be announced before the game launches, so that may be concerning.
Do you think he actually will? I mean Smash has always been known for unlockable fighters, so if that's true he may pull a Dark Pit with a character or two, so he's technically announcing them.
If everyone does get revealed before release, in that case I was completely wrong, I'm guessing these guys will be apart of the last showcase/direct.

AquaSol

Smash Apprentice
I’ve thought for a while that Chorus Kids are a lock, but now I’m thinking that a Rhythm Heaven rep in general is a lock. It may not be them, and after that potential Karate Joe reference in K. Rool’s trailer, it could be him. Regardless, I think we still stand a really good chance! I also still doubt that Sakurai would do the RH developers dirty by planning a rep in SSB4 and then not including one in SSBU.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I’ve thought for a while that Chorus Kids are a lock, but now I’m thinking that a Rhythm Heaven rep in general is a lock. It may not be them, and after that potential Karate Joe reference in K. Rool’s trailer, it could be him. Regardless, I think we still stand a really good chance! I also still doubt that Sakurai would do the RH developers dirty by planning a rep in SSB4 and then not including one in SSBU.
Agreed. That's always been my stance, I just stick to this thread because the Chorus Kids are my favorite and it's the most active. If we don't get a rep from the series this game, it would be really disappointing. Also, what potential Karate Joe reference?

Top Bottom