• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chinese Inn Monthly (Japanese Edition #1)

NiTEZ

Smash Apprentice
Chinese Inn Monthly​
Japanese Edition​
February 18, 2012

Chinese Inn
9449 Airline Hwy.
Baton Rouge, LA
Doors open at 11 a.m. and registration begins
Tournament starts at 12
$5 entry fee

We will be swaying away from our normal LA Brawl ruleset for a while and trying out the Japanese ruleset and see how that goes. It could be beneficial or deficient, we won't know until we try.

Japanese Ruleset

General Rules:
1. 3 stocks
2. 10-minute timer
3. Best-of-3 sets (WF, LF, and GF will be Best-of-5)
4. Double elimination
5. All items off
6. Team attack on
7. Changing controls allowed
8. Pause is turned off

Limiting Rules/Bans:
1. No using infinites for stalling purposes
2. No bugs/glitches of any kind
3. No Infinite Dimensional Cape (incidental use of IDC is tolerable)
4. Ledge grab limit of 50
5. No scrooging (player may travel under the stage once from the ledge)
* "Traveling under the stage once from the ledge" is defined as dropping off the ledge on one side of the stage and reaching the height of the original ledge on the other side of the stage.
Exceptions to Rule 5:
When one of the players is attacked by the other and takes damage.

Stages:
Starter:
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpick:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 1

The rest

Side Event: Mid Tier
Middle
D: :fox: :wolf: :rosalina:
E: :dk2: :kirby2: :rob: :pit: :sonic:
F: :ike: :sheilda: :luigi2: :sheik: :ness2: :yoshi2: :pt:

Low
G: :lucas: :mario2: :bowser2: :samus2: :falcon::link2: :jigglypuff: :zelda: :ganondorf:

The Ruleset
4 stock
8-min. time limit
Items set to "None"
Best 2 of 3 games
Double Elimination Bracket - 60/30/10 cash split

The Stage List

Starter:
Battlefield
Dream Land 64
Final Destination
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick:
Brinstar
Kongo Jungle 64
Pokemon Stadium
Rainbow Cruise

Banned:
The rest

Set Format: (Brawl)
Game 1:
1. Stage-striking order and controller ports are determined by Rock-Paper-Scissors
2. Rock-Paper-Scissors loser strikes one of the three Starter stages
3. Rock-Paper-Scissors winner strikes one of the remaining two Starter stages
4. Players select their characters (players may elect to have a double-blind character selection)

Game 2 (and so on):
1. Loser may select controller port
2. Winner may ban a stage from the Counterpick list
3. Loser selects one of the remaining stages
4. Winner chooses character
5. Loser chooses character
6. Repeat steps 1-5 until the set is decided

Timeouts:
In the event that a match goes to time, the victor will be decided by the following steps, in order:
1. Number of ledgegrabs (if one player exceeds 50 ledgegrabs, that player will be declared the loser)
2. Number of remaining stocks
3. Amount of damage percent
4. If stocks and damage percent identical, the match will be replayed on the same stage, with each player at one stock

-The address has been posted and I put in a link to google maps. The restaurant is pinpointed on the map for you. If you aren't familiar with the area, play around with the map, they got Google Earth views on it too so you can see the surrounding area. Also click on the Chinese Inn if you don't know what the place looks like.
-NO Payment in coins. If you come up to me with a bag of coins thinking it's funny, you're out of luck, because neither I or RjPunch will bother counting it or entering you in the tourney. It's time consuming and unnecessary and you could just bring dollar bills. I also ask that you please try to bring $5 bills and not pay in just $20s (it makes pot splitting a pain), make change BEFORE you get to the venue, David should not have to constantly go back and forth making change for everyone.

You are responsible for knowing these rules, if you mess up and break them, TOO BAD. You will be kicked out! No exceptions!

Turazrok

Smash Master
UMVC3 tho.... Daaang

I would do it but I don't have a copy lol.

Top Bottom