• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chinese Inn Monthly #1

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Chinese Inn Monthly #1

December 19th 2009

Chinese Inn
9449 Airline Hwy.
Baton Rouge, LA
Doors open at 11 a.m. and registration begins
Tournament starts at 12
$5 entry fee

Louisiana General Brawl Ruleset

-3 stock; 7:00 (ties by percent/stock)
-Team attack on
-1v1; all items off and set to none; Best 2/3; All finals 3/5 (Time permitting)
-Bring your own controller (and stool/chair if you want one)
-Advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-Don't load through Homebrew without talking to the TO first!
-Metaknight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM. Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

Stage List:

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium 1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick

Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Rainbow Cruise

Corneria (Teams Only)

Banned

The rest

Basic Info:
-NO outside food or drink or illegal substances (guys this is a restaurant they got food and stuff you can by only a few steps away)
-The address has been posted and I put in a link to google maps. The restaurant is pinpointed on the map for you. If you aren't familiar with the area, play around with the map, they got google earth views on it too so you can see the surrounding area. Also click on the Chinese Inn if you don't know what the place looks like.

You are responsible for knowing these rules, if you mess up and break them, TOO BAD.

Also don't be THAT guy who pays in all quarters (glaresatRan)

Set-Ups:
Jio- Wii, Brawl, TV(maybe)
FakeGeorge- at least one set-up

Anything else concerning this tournament will be posted. I hope y'all can make it.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I figured it would be proper to make a separate thread after all, Voodoo Smash was a separate event than this tournament.

I'll still run and update this thread however RJPunch will be running the show because I wont be attending and RJ doesn't get on enough to run this thread. :)

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
All right I'll get a ride for this after the ACT. Meta your are not leaving early this time. Bring money for that awesome food. Dominic, if you go to Gameware let me know so I can give you money for a controller.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
All right I'll get a ride for this after the ACT. Meta your are not leaving early this time. Bring money for that awesome food. Dominic, if you go to Gameware let me know so I can give you money for a controller.
I only go to Gameware on weekends but because of family stuff, my weekends are now booked and I'm out of town in New Orleans.

What time does ACT get out for? 11? I think it does because I know it start so friking early in the morning

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Fixed. Haha. Coins ftw.

I'm not sure if I can make this. I'll see what I can do.
I'm very serious, Curlz. You pay in anything but paper, I will not let you enter and possibly beat you with those exact coins. I don't mean to sound like a *****, but I'm not going to be counting coins, I don't have time for that ****. Besides, last time there was money problems with the pot because of the coins. Just bring dollars please.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I wasn't planning on paying in coins. I was just saying;

You don't make it rain with coins... you make it hail.

Thank you Daniel Tosh.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
this restaurant is pretty large
If you notice the right side of the building, that is where we play. It's a karioki room. It's pretty big and suits having quite a number of people well and after a tournament it's fun to sit down and have some food with everyone and BS.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Pretty sure I'm coming to this. What side events you planning on, Bomber?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Pretty sure I'm coming to this. What side events you planning on, Bomber?
Assuming we have the same turn out as last time (16 entrants i think it was) this is how it will be planned:

Singles
Doubles

Melee possibly.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
If I end up going, I'll probably bring 4 people with me.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Aight Aight! As Co-TO of this event, can you guys start telling me if you're bringing set-ups and what-not, how many, etc. Because we do need these things. Also, just a fun but optional thing, bring a Santa hat to wear.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm not going to worry too much about set-ups; it looks like we will have a good crowd and I know we have people who usually bring set-ups to where we have enough.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Yea, about leaving early....last time I only left early b/c my bro called for a ride, so they took me with them as well. That's not happening this time, b/c unless he plans to stay the whole time, he will not be coming, it's not like he does anything whenever he does go.

Btw, you think you could bring MW2?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
If david As two corded controllers, then I'll try to bring it.
Also, I like Asian Girls
I may try to go to Gameware this Friday, I doubt it, I'll ask my sis but if I dont have to go out of town exactly Friday afternoon then I'll see if I can get a ride. If I do, I will get you that controller.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
I'm coming to this, off day confirmed and hopefully a ride from jnig. I can bring my wii and possibly a TV, big if on the tv since I'm bumming a ride anyway. Do they have adult drinks at this place? Bomber you should add a hype list to the OP.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm coming to this, off day confirmed and hopefully a ride from jnig. I can bring my wii and possibly a TV, big if on the tv since I'm bumming a ride anyway. Do they have adult drinks at this place? Bomber you should add a hype list to the OP.
i'm pretty sure they would. It is a restaurant after all.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Bomber, if you do thanks. Nitez, FFA mw2 style. If his sis is hot and likes younger guys
HELLZ YEA.
I can't, last minute business popped up and I'll be taken to N.O Friday so I wont be able to go. Got Spirit Tracks though, I think I'll bring it tomorrow to show you guys and to blow off some steam (lol pun intended). For now I'm just gonna chill.

bsltiger

Smash Cadet
going.

wii. melee/brawl. la tourney legal codes. rare chance of tv, since its expensive. table if necessary. power strip. new super mario bros wii.

you might want to edit out the bring chair thing, since they have a whole bunch.

Top Bottom