• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago Suburbs

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Anybody in the general area of the suburbs or anywhere close? I'm pretty new, and I'm looking to meet some folks. I play mostly ProjectM and Melee nowadays.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Geneva is definitely close enough for me! I would definitely drive out there if I was free!

"Shion"

Smash Ace
NNID
Shion_Sensei
I'm out in the NW suburbs.

You're free to come down for some games bro.

Lefitimate

Smash Rookie
Anyone around Algonquin/Lake in the Hills? I'm pretty new to competitive Smash and I mostly play Melee, but I also play a little Project M.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Honestly the best practice is likely going to Wavedash Wednesday, Smash 101, or EXPosure at EXP gaming in Oak Park, and all of those threads are in the tournament listings for MW. Smash 101 is not a tournament, it is just a learning area/smashfest that is done once a month at EXP.

Zachrick sorry this is a couple weeks late, but if you are still interested in driving out to Geneva ever, pm me on smashboards for address/number swaps all that stuff. I can get you in contact with the guy who hosts usually as well if you want to talk to him on Facebook and all of that.

grandpappy

Where's the beef?
NNID
eyeplaybass
3DS FC
5343-9859-5848
Honestly the best practice is likely going to Wavedash Wednesday, Smash 101, or EXPosure at EXP gaming in Oak Park, and all of those threads are in the tournament listings for MW. Smash 101 is not a tournament, it is just a learning area/smashfest that is done once a month at EXP.

Zachrick sorry this is a couple weeks late, but if you are still interested in driving out to Geneva ever, pm me on smashboards for address/number swaps all that stuff. I can get you in contact with the guy who hosts usually as well if you want to talk to him on Facebook and all of that.
For sure, man. I don't know if you remember creaming me in the first match of our pool for P:M at EXP's last monthy, but that was me. Haha! I am in dire need of some training. I've been finding out more about all the events that EXP has and hopefully I'll be able to attend them on a slightly regular basis after all the holiday crazies. And I'll get in touch about what goes down in Geneva too if I have the time. I am looking for all the Smash I can get.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
For sure, man. I don't know if you remember creaming me in the first match of our pool for P:M at EXP's last monthy, but that was me. Haha! I am in dire need of some training. I've been finding out more about all the events that EXP has and hopefully I'll be able to attend them on a slightly regular basis after all the holiday crazies. And I'll get in touch about what goes down in Geneva too if I have the time. I am looking for all the Smash I can get.
Yeah I remember, it was nice meeting you. The guys I play with normally I 4 stock pretty frequently too and there are varied skills all over the place, so it's not a crazy cutthroat environment haha. Let me know when you ever wanna smash :)

J_Deez

Smash Rookie
I'm new and in Evanston, just north of chicago. I really want to get my melee skills up, and i can drive to surrounding suburbs. Ive got a melee setup as well

Lazarond

Smash Apprentice
yes you should come to wave dash wednesdays in oak park! im definetely gonna be showing up for those. and unless u werent trying oro u didnt get the 4 stock on me at least haha ^.^

nosex

Smash Rookie
<<<< from valpraiso, indiana. NWI. 219. not too far out from chicago.

was wandering if there were any people nearer me who would be interested in getting together and playing? i haven't seriously played melee in a real long time but i'm looking to get back into the swing of it. also, super interested in trying out project m. yeah, i mean, it seems like there are a few people from lake county?

also, very interested in this wavedash wednesday stuff. watched some of the videos on youtube. looks awesome.

message me, etc.

Top Bottom