• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chicago Players?

bronziethebear

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, completely new to posting on the boards but a long time fan of Smash and recently committed getting better at them, starting and focusing primarily on Melee. I am essentially starting fresh having lost all if any tech skill that I possessed when I played that game over a decade ago but I haven't found the learning curve for the basics to be too bad. What I am really looking for is local players who are established in the area and looking for someone who's hungry to play. I want to get my ass kicked so I can get better and learn the non-tech skill elements of the game like baiting, making reads, following up weird D.I., learning better D.I., and the like. Feel free to post here or message me if you're in the area and looking for someone to play with. I am right west of the city in a small neighborhood called Oak Park.

remolinoferoz

Smash Rookie
Whats up bronzie, I saw your post about you wanting too get your ass kicked in melee, well there is a possibility that I could help you with that haha. Am basically new on melee like you, since I don't have anybody to play with I have been playing vs the cpu but that's really boring, soo am looking for a player to learn new things and become better at smash. I live in west Chicago close north ave. and central ave. Sooo, what do you say, you whant to smash?

bronziethebear

Smash Rookie
Yea, I'm out in Oak Park. I work during the day so I usually do some tech stuff in the morning by my self and then play at night or on the weekends. I am thinking about starting to go to EXP on north sometimes to play and chill. Might be out of town this weekend but do you wanna go to the amateur practice there next Tuesday?

remolinoferoz

Smash Rookie
mm. where is EXP at? and I dont think I could go there on tuesdays :( at what time do you want to go ?

bronziethebear

Smash Rookie
It's on north like a couple miles west of where you're at. I also may swing by there on a random day this weekend to smash so I will let you know if I do. Otherwise let's figure out some way to smash next week.

bronziethebear

Smash Rookie
Word I added you, probably Sunday or next week would be the time. I'm going crazy with the St. Patties day celebrations the next couple days with my Irish ass haha

Miggy___

Smash Rookie
I live on north side of chicago oak park is 3 blocks down from where I stay. I dont have anyone to play/practice with other than the boring CPUs. Not completely new to the scene. If you're down to play I'll definitely play with you. I can play usually on the weekends friday-Sunday since i work pretty much all day during the week.

Miggy___

Smash Rookie
Unfortunately I dont have a Facebook. Do you have another way we can communicate? Steam, skype?

D-N1C3

Smash Rookie
Sup doodes. Any melee players near the south suburbs near chicago heights?

m00n__kid

melee maniac
hey guys im craving more melee these days. i live in the logan square neighborhood and i have a melee/pm setup here and would love to play anyone in either. i am also down to travel but all i have is a bicycle and the CTA for travel.

D-N1C3 D-N1C3 i would love to play some melee but there is no way for me to get that far south

remolinoferoz remolinoferoz it sounds like you are fairly close if you wanna play sometime

Miggy___ Miggy___ if you are around oak park that should be doable, I've been meaning to try to get that way to try the weekly smash events at EXP

if anyone in the city sees this and is looking to play some melee or pm plz reach out

Top Bottom