• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ChiboSempai's Brawl Stage Database Discussion

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Edit: I no longer need help with the problem. This thread is now for discussion on my Stage Database. Read through the first couple posts for details.

Ok so here's the deal, I'm working on a new section of my website where users can upload stages they make on the stage builder so other users can download them. I was playing my friends copy last night and made a stage and saved it to the SD card. Now I need someone with Brawl and an SD card to try this out and see if it works.

Here is what you do.

(There is no need to make the folder if it already exists. If you have saved stages to your SD Card before, they should already be there)

On your SD Card make a folder called private

Inside private, make a folder called wii

Inside wii, make a folder called app

Inside app, make a folder called RSBJ

Inside RSBJ, make a folder called st

Now download this file:
http://followingrevolution.com/st_061120_1902(1).bin

and place it in the st folder. (leave the filename as st_061120_1902(1).bin)

Now pop the SD card into your Wii and see if that stage is available to play.

Thanks in advance to whoever can help me out

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Yes, this works fine. To save it onto the Wii, you just open the stage from the SD card and then when saving select the Wii option.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yes, this works fine. To save it onto the Wii, you just open the stage from the SD card and then when saving select the Wii option.
awesome, glad to hear it works

sry for asking more, so you have the file on there as i described, then in the stage builder you can load a stage off the sd card, so it saves it on the wii for regular use in battles? nice, im gonna work on a new section of my website that will host stages from everyone so they can battle. it will really help spread stages to each other, especially stages that may be used for tournaments.

Lupo Aro

Smash Ace
So you're making/made a site where we can download Stage Builder stages other people made? Nice. What's the URL of the site?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
it's going to be hosted on my current site http://www.followingrevolution.com which is a gaming site which news, reviews, and so on. I'm going to make like a mini spin off site from it that will be this brawl stage database where users can submit files like the one i linked to in the first post. it will also have all the tutorials you need for getting that file onto your computer, and back on your wii to use. this way people can share the exact stage files easily. il make sure to let everyone know the address when its done. im working on it right now and itl probably be done in a day or two. i just wanted to make sure the sharing thing worked before i worked on the site.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok think of it this way, here is a small test i whipped up in a matter of minutes:

http://followingrevolution.com/?page_id=579

That's what it looks like when you look at the list of stages. I still have to make pages for tutorials on uploading and downloading stages and so on, but its not bad. i especially like the idea considering its all the exact files, so people share the exact stages, and I'm being nice enough to host all the stages on my own server :)

you will probably have to submit stages via email, but that really isnt bad at all. something like write an email with the stage title, mini description, author, and attach the file to the email. i might get this done by tonight.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
awesome, glad to hear it works

sry for asking more, so you have the file on there as i described, then in the stage builder you can load a stage off the sd card, so it saves it on the wii for regular use in battles? nice, im gonna work on a new section of my website that will host stages from everyone so they can battle. it will really help spread stages to each other, especially stages that may be used for tournaments.
Yes that is correct, you load the file off the SD card in the stage builder and then once its loaded you can save it onto the Wii.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i definitely plan on including pictures in the future. video may be tough, but its possible. my goal for now is to get it up and running before i start all the bells and whistles such as images and what not.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
yea i definitely plan on including pictures in the future. video may be tough, but its possible. my goal for now is to get it up and running before i start all the bells and whistles such as images and what not.
Thanks for taking the time to make make this. =)

I'm sure once people make some good stages it will be very useful.

DeadtoSin

Smash Apprentice
Now I know why I joined this community. This is some cool stuff you've got going, and I appreciate it!

Kruton

Smash Ace
I was hoping something like this would get started, I love it.

Great idea, great work, you da man

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
This is a really good idea. good ****, chibosempai

However, pictures are a must. I don't know if I'll download a stage from "Very Scary Ruins" alone >_>

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
This will probably be important to me, as I'm very much into building great stages, and sharing them.

I wish there was some online Brawl stage builder (not the crappy flash one), because I have a lot of stage ideas, and they are pretty much remaking old stages, and making unfair stages into fair stages. Maybe I'll be the 1st to make a good remake of the old stages, both in looks AND gameplay.

Elbujo

Smash Rookie
wow, this is a really good idea.

just for future referance though, you should have an option for people to rate the stages. then the good stages would rise to the top and the bad would fade to obscurity.

oh and why email them? just have a form to submit them and have a file field that checks for .bin files.
if you need help with that, i could probibly write the code, I am a web designer, and i know alot about dynamicly generated pages and database manegment. PM me if you are interested.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
thanks for the great feedback everyone. i didnt get to work anymore on it tonight (friend with brawl came over lol), but il work on it more soon. pictures really are a must, so I'll make sure to have a field for that from the beginning. I would love to have a submit form like Elbujo was talking about. I know some coding myself as I'm a CS major, but I just wasn't sure how to make a form like that, but that makes the most sense. lemme get a lil more built for it and il PM you with more info and what not

Drumma_Boi

Smash Ace
This is a really sweet idea. I will enjoy this tons when you get everything worked out. It reminds me of the built in feature on Megaman Powered Up had for stage builder sharing. Either way this is a must for brawl. Good **** Chibosempai.

Kruton

Smash Ace
Okay I have a question.

Hypothetical situation:

Let's say I download one of these stages onto my SD card, but they have stage parts that I haven't unlocked yet (i.e. springs, ferris wheel). Would this file work in my game? I understand playing stages from Nintendo [stage of the day or whatever] that has these parts, because they aren't saved into your game. But this file is a direct part of your save file, and I'm just curious if this would conflict at all.

Krimtcw

Smash Rookie
It will be interesting to see some the other stages people make without having to go through nintendo to see the. -_-

As far as the parts question go... its a good question but if it doesn't work, its not like it would be that hard to gather the parts you need.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
these are some good questions that i hope i can get some answers for later (i wont be playing brawl again though until like monday or tuesday). Id imagine everything works the same if its a stage you receive from someone online. this way if it uses unlocked parts im sure it isn't a problem. as for editing them, since its coming from the sd card, the game probably thinks it has your ownership so you should be able to edit them, but i wouldnt promise anything. im still working on the database on my site and the best version of it is almost done. when im ready to launch it tonight (in as little as an hour) i will make a new thread in the general brawl discussion.

Shock the Hedgehog

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockhog
Woah, this has some serious potential, I've been hoping someone would make a place to upload custom stages for a while now. I can't wait to see this when it's up and running.

Top Bottom