• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chibi Robo for Brawl!

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Chibi Robo is from the 2005 GameCube title Chibi-Robo!, developed by Skip. (a second-party developer of Nintendo) The game begins with you, Chibi Robo, being given as a gift to a young girl named Jenny. However, he's not just a toy... He also helps around the house, cleaning messes and throwing away trash, and he even manages to make everyone happier. At night, all the toys in the house come alive! They all seem to have their own troubles and needs, and it's up to you to make them all happy again. Is there anything he can't do?

Well, you might be thinking he can't fight in Brawl. However, Chibi Robo obtains a strange assortment of tools to help him do his work. These tools range from the Chibi-Copter, which when used, Chibi Robo's hatch on the top of his head opens and helicopter blades pop out. This allows him to fly a short distance. Chibi-Blaster, which fires small energy projectiles. It kind of resembles Samus' arm canon, and even has a charged shot, but ofcourse it wouldn't act the same as her's in Brawl. A mug, which Chibi Robo places over himself, sheilding all kinds of attacks. He can walk slowly while under it. A toothbrush, which he uses to clean dirt or stains on floors. A spoon that he uses like a shovel. A squirter that can suck up and expel fluids. Even a kind of radar, dubbed the Chibi-Radar, that he once uses to communicate with aliens! These various tools would be used to make up most of his moveset. He also has a tail-like plug-in. It may also be used.

Why should this guy be in Brawl? Well, he'd be an interesting and quirky character I think. His game was rather well recieved. It was definitly not a bad game. It must done well enough to garner a sequel, Chibi-Robo!: Park Patrol for the DS. He is certainly a likable character. Always working silently, ensuring everyone is happy. He's also quite cute. There's just a certain charm about him and his game...

Also something to mention would be his stage. It'd be interesting to fight on such a small scale level. Maybe even on the coffee table of which Chibi Robo! begins. The three people of the house, Jenny, Her father and mother (The Sandersons) could be in the background, along with various toys.

At the very least, you should expect to see him as an Assist Trophy. It's hard to say what he would do... Probably something to do with cleaning and making his user happy (Maybe by giving health back... that'd make me happy :laugh:)

CHIBI ROBO FOR BRAWL!! ;)

jinzorob1

Banned via Administration
A:punch, 2%
AA:1-2 punch, 4%
AAA:Chibi-blaster (weak shot) 8%
Walk A:kick, 3%
Run A:plug toss, 5%
up A:No sign( tongue ), 5%
Crouch A:Scrub, 6%
Smash ^:Chibi-Copter tornado, 6-13% depending on how long it's charged
Smash v:Toothbrush sweep, 7-12% ^^^
Smash >:Electric Plug, 6-14%
-----------
Air Attacks
-----------

A:mug spin, 2-13% depending on how many times you hit him\her\it
>A:toothbrush Bash, 6-10% /\
vA:Foot Spin, 5-11% _____| |
^A:copter spin, 4-12%_______/
<A:plug Swing, 7-9%
-----------
B Attacks
-----------

B:Chibi blaster Charge, 8-25%
>B:Toothbrush clean, 4-20% depending on how many times you press the button
^B:Chibi-Copter 2.0, 1-7%
vB:plug-in, regenerate 2% every second
------
Other
------

Block:Telly!
Roll:Slide
Taunt:Toothbrush Spin
outfits:all outfit's that Chibi can get in the game
----------
Grabs
----------

Z-A:headbutt, 2-5%
Z-^:Yes Sign( happy ),8-9% (most grabs are this powerful)
Z-<:plug Zap, 7-8% ^^^
Z->:Scatter Blaster, 7-8%
Z-v:Chibi-Copter Drop, 7-8%

--------------
Ultimate Attack
--------------
Giga Robo

there, that should be all of the abilitys in Brawl
btw, he would be fine

givequicheachance

Smash Cadet
Chibi-Robo would be awesome. I can just picture him whacking people with his plug.

Also, Chibi-Robo is the only character I can think of that would be weird and obscure and cool enough for them to put in as the last unlockable character for Brawl (ala Ness in Smash64 and Game & Watch in Melee)

Remember, I called it first.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I doubt the game is too recent because it came out in Japan less than a month after SSBB started development. As for not selling enough, I don't know about that but, it must have sold enough for a second game for the DS.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, maybe this is the official thread. I posted in a different one a while back. Well, I agree, he should be in it. Seeing a tiny character would be cool! Plug whipping!

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
I thought all he did was do chores. Doesn't seem like much of a fighter to me.

But I do support him. We need more robots in the game. When I said we need more, I mean we need at least one. I remember playing as Pikachu against Samus. My heart was broken when I did down+B and found out Samus was a girl and not a bot.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Hehe... I should probably update the first post since this is the official thread. :ohwell:

I don't think Chibi Robo will be in Brawl anymore, but I still support his inclusion.

Rex+

Smash Ace
Aww, Chibi Robo would make a great Assist Trophy. :D
I've never played the game before, but I think he's popular enough that he could get some sort of mention in Brawl.

Fizzlo

Smash Rookie
Chibi Robo?
Awesome. Just Awesome. I don't think he has a chance for brawl, but he would really be a WTF kind of character.

Andy4Brawl_911

Smash Journeyman
Yay! Chibbi..... Well unfortunately if they've gotta put a robbo character i think Ray (custom Robo) will be before Chibbi, because Custom Robo has been around alot longer. I reckon theyre botgh equal. Also a healing power for Chibbi is Breakdancing

Akiak

Smash Ace
Chibi-Robo would be the best. Probably a low chance but still. Heres a moveset I made. The stars after the attacks in the moveset mean its power

INFO

Speed-****
Power-**
Weight-*
Jump-*****
Attacking Speed-****
Recovery-***

MOVESET

B-Plug whip-**
B>-Sticks the plug that is stuck to him in the ground and swings around it kicking in a very wide range-**
B^-Shoots the plug forward. Used for edge recovery and can do damage-*
Bv-Plug smash-***

A-Punch-*
AA-Kick-*
AAA-Spoon swing-**
A>-Toothbrush swing-**
A^-Backflip kick-* (sends enemy high in air)
Av-Toothbrush smash-***

Smash-Chibi Blaster-****
Smash >-Chibi Squirter-none (just like the FLUDD)
Smash ^-Chibi Copter-none
Smah v-Mug Protection-none

Final Smash-Super Charge-up-Chibi sticks the plug in the ground and charges up to High-volt Chibi that electrifies the foe if he touches him. Also all atttacks are now electrically powered. Attacks are much stronger and all of them make a little spark on the platform he is standing on that travels over the whole platform that can hurt foe

Intro-Materializes from pixels or electricity.
Taunt 1-Plugs in and charges up
Taunt 2-Does his little robot dance
Taunt 3-Cleans a mess on the floor with the toothbrush
Winning Dance-Cheers then collapses and charges up

Whaddaya think

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I've all but completely lost hope. Unless Sakurai really loves him, I just don't think the support is there.

...yeah, let's just hope Sakurai throws him in as charity. Right now, I think I'm better off hoping for both Megaman, and WW Link. If any of these are included, I will be content. I mean, we already have Pit and Meta Knight people! Sonic? King Dedede??? This is an already fantastic line up. Not sure what I'm saying. I still want Chibi-Robo. If for no other reason, because his game sorta means a lot to me.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
sorry, but chibi has no chance.... i used to think he'd be in, but the least he's gonna be in is as an assist trophy. i bet that's tomarrow's update:)

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
His Plug should absorb Energy projectiles, like Ness/Lucas' Pk magnet
Except the absorption box would be smaller since its only the plug that can be hit.. but it would give 2x the recovery.

zestypizza

Smash Cadet
this is the moveset I made for chibi

Chibi-Robo

(All stats out of five)
Attack: ***
Speed: **
Weight: ****
Jump: ***
Range: ****
Height: Mario's height
Tether Recovery: yes, he throws his cord into the side of the stage and it attaches to the wall like a normal cord would to an outlet

Taunt1: Telly comes and uses is poppers
Taunt2: Chibi puts on his pajamas and goes to bed
Taunt3: Chibi pulls out a radio and dances to a random song

Regular Attacks

(when I say knock back I mean where it hits them from melee and how far not what they do)

standard A combo is a 1,2 punch
the first jab has no knock back and the second one has almost none but still some

>A: Chibi spins around and hits the opponent with his cord
the knock back would be similar to Mewtwos forward smash in melee but a tiny bit weaker

^A: CHibi robo does the "!" sign to hit the opponent
similar to Mario's up tilt in Melee

vA: Chibi pushes the spoon outward
Similar to the knock back of roy's dtilt in melee

Dash attack: Chibi slides forward like he does on hills in Park patrol
Similar to Doc's dash attack in Melee

Forward Smash: Chibi robo pulls out his radar and hits above his head on one side
Knock back: Mario's fsmash

Down Smash: Chibi puts the cup over his head to hit all people near him (the range would be similar to fox's Dsmash's range)and is protected from all attacks for 1-3 seconds (you'd be able to lift up early)
knock back would be like young link's dsmash

Up Smash: Chibi throws some trash the trash and trash damage would be random like peaches turnips and Aiming would be like Yoshi's eggs in melee
Knock back: Yoshis ^B

Aerial A Attacks

Neutral: simple sex kick
knock back: luigi's nair

Forward: Chibi uses his sprayer and the water is a projectile that travels some distance but he sprays like Samus's fair
knock back: Samus's fair

Back: Chibi grabs his cord and throws it back
knock back: captain awesome's bair

Down: Chibi slams straight down like he fell of of something and takes some fall damage the higher up he is
knock back: bowser's vB

Up: chibi pulls out the oars from the boat and spins them around (this makes him fall slower but not fly and it only works once to "hover" in the air
knockback: IC's >B

Throws

Grab: uses the clippers in PP, but once he grabs them he holds them over his head like they were trash but doesnt put them in his head
Range: Link's grab

Grab Attack: tries to close his head but hits them with the top portion of his head
Damage: 2

Forward: throws them forward like he were throwing trash in the garbage
Similar to: Mr. G&W's forward throw

Backward: he turns and does the forward throw

downward: he puts them on the ground and scrubs them with his toothbrush
Similar to jigg's dthrow

Upward: he puts them in his head and can move around a little
Similar to: Donkey Kong's fthrow

Special Moves

Standard: Chibi pulls out his Chibi-Blaster and shoots out an oval, green ball of energy at the opponent, it can be charged, but you can't let go of the button. You can move while charging. the charge time would be 4 seconds
Knock back:
Uncharged: like samus's uncharged shot
Charged: falcon kick

Forward: chibi uses the Squirter again but it shoots farther and straighter and does more damage and knock back

Downward: Chibi puts his shovel into th ground and flings up some dirt and a large rock (the longer you charge it the farther you fling)
Knock back: Mario's fsmash

Upward: Chibi uses the chibi copter
In the air: he would recover like Donkey Kong but when his ^B ends his copter keeps going and still hits people the knockback would be like IC's >B but when it ends it would have almost no knockback but still barely hit people
on the ground: Chibi jumps really high into the air and Kamikazes into the ground

Final Smash: Giga-Robo comes and fights alongside you for 30 seconds(giga-robo would be the size of Giga Bowser)

VS Victory Poses

#1: Chibi swings his brush around his body
#2: Chibi does the Drake pose
#3: Chibi does the "!" sign

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
He has AT written all over him, his games are not popular enough to warrant a playable spot and don't give me the typical Ice Climbers, Mr Game and Watch reply, Chibi Robo is not retro.
Ah, but he will be!

...JK!:lick:

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
CHIBI-ROBO TROPHY!

Come on, am I really the most hardcore Chibi-Robo supporter? I barely ever post here! Well, sorry about the double post, but here's a bump for the thread, cause I wanted to point out the Chibi-Robo trophy.

http://wii.com/jp/movies/smashbros-movie1/

Yeah, just get to where there's trophies. (CS Link is there too!)

Anyway, does this increase, or decrease his chances? Well, we all know he had no chance anyway, so I'd say it INcreases them! Meaning simply, Sakurai knows he exists! Also meaning, the thought probably crossed his mind as to whether or not to include him as a PC. By the way, size-wise, if P&O can be in, than Chibi-Robo certainly can too! Seriously though, people might have to start considering him a... well... semi-serious contender for a spot. People are always wondering what "WTF" characters we'll be getting, and C-R could be just that.

If so, let it be known that I will be the first to GO ROBO ON YOUR HINIES!!! (Not directed at anyone specifically... except maybe C-R haters.)

JawaJedi

Smash Journeyman
Chibi-Robo is number 2 on my 5 most wanted list. I'm sooo afraid Sakurai didn't add him, especially because of that Chibi trophy in the Japanese trailer. >.<

Top Bottom