• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chemistry as an added mechanic?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
played Mario sluggers recently and just dawned on me, what if it was decided to utilize the chemestry machanic in brawl.

Maybe add some strategy, and find out a character's sexual orientation or their feelings towards others. Itd be kinda cool if characetrs get power increases or decreased depending on who is in the battlefeild.

MrBigstuff

Smash Apprentice
YES! I want to to combine compounds for awesome effects. Like Zeldas fair could be changed to be basic, and Pit's arrows are obviously acidic, so they could neutralize each other and produce salts if the hitboxes connected. MOVES COULD HAVE VALENCE LEVELS AS A NEW KIND OF PRIORITY!!!!!

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
YES! I want to to combine compounds for awesome effects. Like Zeldas fair could be changed to be basic, and Pit's arrows are obviously acidic, so they could neutralize each other and produce salts if the hitboxes connected. MOVES COULD HAVE VALENCE LEVELS AS A NEW KIND OF PRIORITY!!!!!

what the hell are you talking about.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
I'm sure this would take competitive gaming to a whole new level.....

Jokes aside, it would be funny as an added option in the game.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
what the hell are you talking about.
Oh, you were talking about THAT chemistry...
You two have great chemistry.

Mr.Showtime

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon sees Zero Suit Samus: Yes!
Captain Falcon sees Wii Fit Trainer: Show Me Your Moves!
Captain Falcon sees Peach: FALCOOOOOOOOOON PAWNCH!

Chemistry already exists for C.Falcon.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Why not? It'd certainly make doubles a lot more deep. As it is now it's basically just singles with team combos once one person dies.

Link + Zelda on a team could have +20% damage but take 1 damage % every two seconds or something. I dunno.

Well, the chemistry implied has no downsides, as in Sluggers it just made your guys throw/hit harder or gain more star power.

So what you are implying is somewhat of a Set Bonus with Downsides? That sounds much better.

XavierSylfaen

Smash Apprentice
Well, the chemistry implied has no downsides, as in Sluggers it just made your guys throw/hit harder or gain more star power.

So what you are implying is somewhat of a Set Bonus with Downsides? That sounds much better.

Yeah, just a set bonus. A straight upgrade would be stupid. I don't know how that would work and I honestly don't care if it's incorporated or not but it could be fun.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
I would only be able to agree to this if it was limited to some kind of team taunt or win animation. I don't like the idea of it being gameplay affecting.

Donkeykong98123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkeykong98123
Maybe as like...a game mode. But not just put it in as a stone-set mechanic for everything. That'd be stupid, and really unbalanced.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
played Mario sluggers recently and just dawned on me, what if it was decided to utilize the chemestry machanic in brawl.

Maybe add some strategy, and find out a character's sexual orientation or their feelings towards others. Itd be kinda cool if characetrs get power increases or decreased depending on who is in the battlefeild.

Top Bottom