• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check out 'Solstorm', a Combo Video by the Best Little Mac in the World!

“What does it mean to be strong?”

Jon “Noble|Sol” Lackey, commonly agreed upon to be the best Little Mac main in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, recently delighted us with the release of “Solstorm”, a combo video highlighting some of the best and most impressive moments he’s had with the character.

Sol has become a notable force not only because of his impressive play with what many consider to be a sub-par character but also because of some surprisingly high tournament placings, which include a second-place finish in doubles at 2GGT: KTAR Saga and 9th in doubles at Genesis 3, as well as taking sets from players such as Shawn “K9” Bruce and Tommy “Ryo” Janky. His combo video serves as a truly outstanding display of some of the amazing things Little Mac is capable of.

If you want to keep up with Sol’s future content, make sure to subscribe to him on YouTube and Twitch. Make sure to also follow him on Twitter to be notified when he’s assisting tournaments.

Last edited:
Eidolon

Comments

Sol is a perfect example of the major difference in the singles and doubles metagames in Smash 4. As a doubles-focused player, it's awesome to see these feats not going unnoticed anymore.

Man,Sol knows what's up! The best Little Mac,right here. BTW I didn't know you could b-reverse the KO-Punch. Good to know :D

More like a string video than a combo video, but some nice plays here and there. Not bad.

Last edited:
Edge-cancelling the downward-angled f-smash was an amazing idea, and reacting to it to break the shield with the side b was either impeccable reaction time or just plain reads, either way it was brilliant.

So I laughed out loud when I saw that this was a smash 4 combo video and not a melee one. Smash 4 + combo video seemed like an oxymoron to me.

I went ahead and watched the video in its entirety in hopes to be proven incorrect....I was severely disappointed.

Last edited:
Today people just throw the term "combo" around to get views. It's become more of a category than a statement.
I kind of feel the need to point out that there's really no correlation between the word "combo" and views. Far as I can tell, the amount of hits one of my articles gets hasn't ever increased because I used the word combo in it.

Trust me, I wish it were that easy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom