• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check out my ganon. Criticism?

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
It seems to me that you have a pretty solid Ganon. I noticed that you are very good at punishing your opponent's mistakes very well. What I would suggest is that you learn to ledge hop waveland since it's very useful when you incorporate it into your gameplay. Also, try not to be too predictable w/your recovery and rolling. Your teching seems to need work. Finally, your spacing is good but could use some improvement. Oh, one last thing would be that Ganon's upthrow is useful against heavy characters such as Ganon and Roy.

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
thanks man, Yeah I've been practicing wavelands onto the edge, the timing is so precise. And yeah like I said, I don't know what I was thinking with all the get up attacks and rolls. Thanks for the advice.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I watched both ganon dittos. You do realize ganon can chaingrab another ganon very easily right? Neither one of you did any chaingrabbing.

Work on your edgeguarding..alot....once ganon is off the stage, that should be a stock.

Learn to either sweetspot or ledgetech...perferable both.

Don't always attack from the air, mix it up. You almost always attacked from the air.

Work on your platform game..you don't seem to do too well with them.

In the first video, you turtled in your shield abit too much but really didn't try your hand at sheildgrabbing the other ganon.

Why didn't I see any over-bs? Great tech chase and surprise move..I seen down b, not over b.

Not a bad ganon but you need to start realizing all of what he can do.

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
yeah I know you can chaingrab ganon but it was just friendlies, understandable i think.

And the forward b always seems to screw me over and get me punished when I try, It seems to predictable whenever I use it. I may be just using it wrong, but I more or less lost faith in it cause it either gets shielded or dodged and i lay on the ground with a big "hit me" sign over my head.

And I have a really hard time sweetspotting at pokemon/battlefield. I can fine on fd or dream land, but something about pokemon stadium makes me never able to judge it correctly.

and on ledge teching, I have trouble teching anything that's not a marth fsmash, falco down air, or any other stomp esque meteor/spike. I don't know why I mess up on most other things so often (especially marth's down air. that thing is the devil.)

I realize I was messing up edgeguarding a lot. especially on roy, Just today I was playing my friend's ganon and I was back to being able to edgeguard more efficiently. I was playing weird that day, I'll try to get more videos of me playing more like i usually do.

Thanks for the advice, I've been trying to use platforms more but it's hard to get used to, that and grounded fighting. the stomp and fair just seem so irresistable =_= haha.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
About the side b, use it as a lag punisher when they will recover faster than you hit with anything else...and it works as a great tech chase to continue combos.

I have a hard time sweetspotting in general so my ledgeteching skill became consistent, from falcon punches to peach's f-smash, I've ledgeteched it.

and get some more videos up so we can see your edgeguarding and how you play on different stages.

AtomICON

Smash Apprentice
will do, The problem is I don't own a camera so I'll have to wait till I can get a friend to record a couple matches. and it's good to know I'm not alone in having problems sweetspotting. :D. the ledge techs will just take practice I guess.

sprials

Smash Rookie
definitely should have went with edgehog instead of trying to get uair spike against roy. Your second or third death should have been pretty easy to avoid. I liked the dair tech chase, very nice.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Not a bad Ganon...the only thing I noticed as did Nick Nasty was perhaps a little tech work. Naturally you said yourself you weren't very good at the ledge uair so perhaps work on that a bit. I find that wavelanding from the ledge is quite effective if you come up with a grab. Ganon goes from hanging to " in yo face" in less than a second. Quite handy.

Top Bottom