• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

cheapness for red/blue?

gcboy

Smash Cadet
Hey~

So... i used to play pokemon a lot but kinda stopped after silver/gold because i didn't really like where the series was going with the new ones. for some reason, all of my friends and i decided to blow the dust off our red/blue's and start fighting (it's summer here). i was thinking of making a team that, instead of using stats and junk to win uses some of the gayness that works with the old games. For example. a dragonite with agility and wrap can stop an enemy from attacking period if it doesnt miss. that type of stuff. could anyone give some more glitches and stuff like this? (im not 100% sure about the dragonite thing but it's worked for me so far...)

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Yea, basically, slow down all their crap with twave or speed yourself up with Agility and Wrap. Finish with Hyper Beam cuz it doesn't make you recharge if you kill something. Fast sleepers are also very nice, since they take a turn to actually wake up, so you can just put them right back to sleep. When you're off the screen and you get fully paralyzed or hit yourself in confusion, you stay off the screen until you use Fly/Dig again or are forced out, so you can have fun with that. Ummm... Leech Seed takes Toxic's counter on amount of HP drained, so you steal more every turn. Not very useful though, as Toxic is crap (it reverts to normal poison when they switch). Persian crits 99.6% of the time with Slash, and uh... get this: GROUND POKEMON COULD ACTUALLY COUNTER JOLTEON OMG!

gcboy

Smash Cadet
okay, now you've gotten me started :p:p

1)is persian worth using then?
2)what're some fast sleepers?
3)what're some oher fast pokemon that can wrap (wrappers?)
3)is "twave" (hehe, poke slang, i'm so "in" with my vast knowledge of blue/red version slang :p) better than agility?
4)anyone else have any more ideas?

I'm prolly gonna be pwnd when we play but at least i'm gonna have fun :p

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Fast pokemon with toxic/firespin can take a lot of life, because they still take poison damage during firespin and can't switch out until the firespin ends.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure you COULD switch out of trapping moves in RBY. Anyway, Exeggutor is a nice sleeper and sweeper. Starmie sweeps everything not named Chansey, who is really the only real counter to Starmie. Umm Persian crits a lot, but is really just worse Tauros. Rapidash is fast and gets Fire Spin... I don't really play RBY, so I probably left out quite a few useful Pokemon. Hope that was some help.

Top Bottom