• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chatt-Town Beatdown "fighting for a good cause" - Chattanooga, TN - 12/19/09

internalburn

Smash Rookie
**I MIGHT include Melee if there's a high demand for it...we have Gamecubes!**

With all the great tournaments in ATL it's easy to overlook the quaint little city of Chattanooga TN. Well...enough of that. It's time for the Chattanooga scene to get hype! Everyone is invited of course, but I wanna see a big turnout from Chatty fighters!

We're going to have several set-ups and I will be selling concessions at the venue. All of the door money will be donated to the Jasper Jaycees. This money will be utilized to help fund their efforts to buy Christmas toys for underprivileged children.

Please preregister in this thread in the following format:

Name:
Handle:
Hometown:
Game(s):
Equipment:

Feel free to ask any questions in this thread or PM me for any additional info/comments/concerns.

I hope everyone can make it out to this event to have fun, get in some good
matches and most importantly...help out a good cause!

Venue:
La Quinta Inns & Suites
100 W. 21st St.
Chattanooga, TN 37408
(423) 265-3151
**FREE PARKING**

Room:
Chit Chat Meeting Room

Door Fee:
$10

Equipment Waivers:
Since all the door money is going to help the Jaycees Christmas toy fund, I won't be able to offer door fee waivers at this tournament. I know this is going to piss some folks off, but I'm just trying to raise as much money for them as possible. That being said, I do encourage anyone to bring a set-up if they'd like to help the tournament run more efficiently or have some side brackets of older games. Think of this as another way to donate to the cause.

Time:
The registration will start at 11:00 sharp and end at 1:00 exactly. The tournament starts at 1:30 exactly, so please be on time. No late registration after 1:45. The brackets will be made and no more buy-ins will be accepted.

Rules: ALL GAMES
BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER
Double Elimination
Default round settings
3/5 winners
3/5 losers
4/7 grand finals
Winner keeps same character/team

Games:

Tekken 6 - Ps3 ($10)

Street Fighter IV - Ps3 ($10)

BlazBlue - Ps3 ($10)

Guilty Gear: Accent Core Plus - Ps2 ($5)
Kliff and Justice are banned

Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 - Ps3 ($5)

Street Fighter 2: HD Remix - Ps3 ($5)

Third Strike - Ps2 ($5)

Smash Brothers: Brawl - Wii ($10)
Double Elimination Bracket Best 2 out of 3 matches
Winners Finals= 3/5 matches
Losers Final= 3/5
Grand Finals=3/5, the player from the losers must win 2 sets of 3/5

3 Stock, 6 MINUTE TIME LIMIT for singles

All items OFF (including Smash Balls)

Doubles Team Attack is ON, LIFE stealing is allowed.

BYOC: (BRING. YOUR. OWN. CONTROLLER.) NO WIIMOTES OR CLASSIC CONTROLLERS!!! Gamecube controllers only!!!

All decisions made by tournament officials are final.

Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.

Stage List:
Starter
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island

Counter
Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, Pokémon Stadium 1

Banned STAGES
75m, Big Blue, Bridge of Eldin, Corneria, Distant Planet, Flat Zone 2, Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Hyrule Temple, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Bros., Mushroomy Kingdom I, Mushroomy Kingdom II, New Pork City, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Rainbow Cruise, Rumble Falls, Shadow Moses, Spear Pillar, The Summit, Wario Ware, Green Greens, Mario Circuit, Onett, Pokémon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive, Skyworld, Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

- At the beginning of a set, each player may strike 2 stages from the available 11. Of these, only 1 can be from the 4 Neutrals listed above. You may however choose to strike 2 counterpick stages.

- 1st match, characters are chosen with double blind picks. After that, advanced slob picks- Loser of 1st match pick stages, the winner of the 1st match picks character, then loser of 1st match picks character. Continue this as necessary until the set reaches completion. Standard sets are best of 3, finals or semi-fianls are left to the discretion of the tournament host, although best of 5 is recommended for time constraints.

- All forms of stalling are banned. Stalling- The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. This includes MK infinite cape, excessive edge stalling, or any form of stalling under the stage (DK spin, sonic charge B, snake infinite down B teching, etc).

- Any suicide KOs on the final stock resulting in sudden death will result in a loss for the user of this tactic. If it would be a suicide KO and the match screen shows a decisive winner, go with that instead. A Bowsercide final KO results in a win for the Bowser player.

- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. In the event of a sudden death, both players are to suicide IMMEDIATELY. No fighting with bombs @ 300. At the results screen, regardless of what the screen says, the player with the higher DAMAGE TAKEN is the loser. No exceptions. In the result of a tie, the match will be discarded and played over, same characters and stage. For teams, if this should ever happen, add the damage taken instead for both teams.

- Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
If I get back from The INNsomnia reunion in a timely manner i may go to this ill tell my roommate also who is a mega tekken buff

KOKingpin
Murfreesboro TN
Super Smash Brothers Melee, Brawl+
Wii+TV+Power Strip

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
Sorry to ask, but I'm kind of confused by the rules, is there going to be an only-smash tournament, or are those other games going to be involved?

P.S. I can bring two wii's w/ brawl + televisions to keep things running smoothly. =)

smeego

Smash Rookie
Four of us will be coming down from Knoxville to get on the Brawl train, possibly with a wii and TV. I'll try to confirm the wii + tv in the next couple days

internalburn

Smash Rookie
I just asked on Tz if it was on here nm lol. But ill bump this, anything to help out a state tourney.
Dude you have no idea how much it means to have someone helping to support my tournament and spread the hype! Thank you so much!

If I get back from The INNsomnia reunion in a timely manner i may go to this ill tell my roommate also who is a mega tekken buff

KOKingpin
Murfreesboro TN
Super Smash Brothers Melee, Brawl+
Wii+TV+Power Strip
I got you down for brawl and I'm going to go ahead and add melee and put you down for that as well. I hope you can make it!

Sorry to ask, but I'm kind of confused by the rules, is there going to be an only-smash tournament, or are those other games going to be involved?

P.S. I can bring two wii's w/ brawl + televisions to keep things running smoothly. =)
This tournament is going to have SF4, T6, BB, Brawl, Melee, 3rd Strike, GG...a bunch of games. I definitely hope you can make it out on the 19th!

I'd be down for some melee. I was born and raised in Chattanooga, but my family has since moved to Sewanee, TN.
Come on back home and compete man! I hope to see you here!

Four of us will be coming down from Knoxville to get on the Brawl train, possibly with a wii and TV. I'll try to confirm the wii + tv in the next couple days
That's awesome if you can make it! The equipment is much appreciated...I think we're going to have a very smooth running tournament with all the stations running!

Also...I posted this in the main announcement, but I just wanted to bring it up again because I don't want anyone to think I'm being dishonest. There are NO waivers for equipment at this tournament because the door money goes to charity. I hope everyone can understand...

and thanks for the support guys!

internalburn

Smash Rookie
Pre-registration

Tekken 6 - Ps3 ($10):
1. Tanner
2. Smokes
3. Jio
4. Grimy Grizzly
5. Iceman

Street Fighter IV - Ps3 ($10):
1. Tanner
2. Kazujiro
3. SilentScream
4. Punk Rock Fox
5. Shadow Knight
6. Blind2314
7. Penney
8. Cap'n Jazz
9. Agentz
10. GhabStop'R
11. Lord Jas
12. Solgrim
13. Iceman
14. Grimy Grizzly
15. Arcas V
16. TetsuAKA
17. Snowball
18. Mcdeezy

BlazBlue - Ps3 ($10):
1. Tonku
2. GhabStop'R
3. Iceman
4. Arcas V

Brawl - Wii ($10):
1. Punk Rock Fox
2. Shadow Knight
3. Smeego
4. Foxologic

Melee - Gamecube ($10)
1. KOKingpin
2. JustdaTIP
3. Foxologic
4. Punk Rock Fox
5. Shadow Knight

Guilty Gear XX - Ps2 ($5):
1. Tonku
2. Iceman

MvC2 - Ps3 ($5):
1. SilentScream
2. Lord Jas
3. Iceman
4. TetsuAKA
5. Snowball

HD Remix - Ps3 ($5):
1. SilentScream
2. GeKKo
3. Cap'n Jazz
4. Agentz
5. Iceman

Third Strike - Ps2 ($5):
1. GhabStop'R
2. Punk Rock Fox
3. Tonku
4. Cap'n Jazz
5. Agentz
6. Iceman
7. Arcas V
8. TetsuAKA
9. Snowball
10. Mcdeezy

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
I'd be down for some melee. I was born and raised in Chattanooga, but my family has since moved to Sewanee, TN.
dude do you know Bloshi and Sensai? they live in Sewanee and actually go to the school there. Id love to get together with ya sometime for some melee

JustdaTIP

Smash Rookie
dude do you know Bloshi and Sensai? they live in Sewanee and actually go to the school there. Id love to get together with ya sometime for some melee
I don't know either. I don't go to college at Sewanee ironically. I got to Birmingham Southern College in Alabama, but my mom is Sewanee's attorney so she moved there once i went off to college. I'll be done here in Birmingham on the 16th, and i'll be in sewanee over the break. I'd totally be down to play some melee. Right now we're renting a house that'd be a good spot to play in, and the house we're building should be done in February which will be even better spot. If you wanna get together sometime with them just pm me on here or something.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
We go to school in Sewanee, but we'll be out for Christmas break on the 19th. I'll be way the **** back in Colorado, but Sensai will be down in Birmingham. He probably won't go though, he's ridiculously lazy when it comes to traveling for things that aren't his girlfriend.

EDIT: If this tournament gets lots of attention and we could get regular tournaments going in the Chatanooga area I can personally guarantee you that I will attend most of them during the school year. Go advertise in the Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee regional threads, those places get the most traffic!

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
Alright! I can definitely come on the 19th, and I can quite possibly bring one or two fellow brawlers along. I can for sure bring one wii, and one lagless television. I will bring my donkey along so that you may hand him to me.

P.S. If any of you are regulars to the Chatt area, I go to Baylor, and I'd love to smash it up with somebody. Send me a PM if you're down.

JustdaTIP

Smash Rookie
Alright! I can definitely come on the 19th, and I can quite possibly bring one or two fellow brawlers along. I can for sure bring one wii, and one lagless television. I will bring my donkey along so that you may hand him to me.

P.S. If any of you are regulars to the Chatt area, I go to Baylor, and I'd love to smash it up with somebody. Send me a PM if you're down.
Jesus ***** ****ing christ I went to Baylor.

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
I know Brenna! She's in my mythology class w/ Mr. Harris, sits next to me. Haha, that's crazy, man, but I guess the chattanooga thread would be the place to find Baylor people. We beat McCallie this year, in case you didn't already know.(Not that I have anything against McCallie people, my brother, Wheeler Manis, went there.)

Edit: I think I'll end up bringing two other brawlers along, neither of whom are very good, but they approve of losing money in a fun way to charity. Also, the offer still stands, any brawlers in the noog wanna get some face to face brawl time in, I'd love to get a regular group started.

internalburn

Smash Rookie
Edit: I think I'll end up bringing two other brawlers along, neither of whom are very good, but they approve of losing money in a fun way to charity. Also, the offer still stands, any brawlers in the noog wanna get some face to face brawl time in, I'd love to get a regular group started.
Got you down bro! Glad to see so much love from the Smash community!

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
Alright, we'll be there tomorrow with A TV/Wii/4 controllers(In case somebody forgets). See everyone there, should be pretty fun. Post on here before 12:00 tonight if you need a ride to the tourney.

bphodges

Smash Rookie
Chattanoogan here. Should throw some Smash 64 in the tournament next time.

internalburn

Smash Rookie
Chattanoogan here. Should throw some Smash 64 in the tournament next time.
I would like to incorporate some of the older games that people love, but the main problem I have is spreading the games out and making brackets thinner in the process...

for example...

We had 1 guy show up and register for Melee and he only came because he was a friend of mine basically. I think this might change now that we've had our first tournament here in Chattanooga and we've started getting our name out there on the Smash scene.

I do hope all you guys can make it out for the next one. It should be some time around mid February.

***Did anyone end up with an extra GC controller btw? My buddy brought one to the tournament and it ended up leaving before he did.***

Broletariat

Smash Cadet
Unfortunately, I think KOKingpin might have a valid threat going on there, his doubles ganondorf was a **** train without any breaks.

Also, internalburn, if anyone ended up with an extra controller, it was probably Tyfon or I, let me check. If we have it, how can we get it back to you?

Also, this tournament was pretty fun! I will definitely go again.

Top Bottom