• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Charlotte Smashers Premiere

Charlotte Smashers Premiere
Posted by FennerGuy1992
T-Man's House
Saturday, January 9, 2016 - 01:00 PM
Until: Saturday, January 9, 2016 - 07:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
F

FennerGuy1992

We all know about Matthews Smashers (located in Matthews, close to the #17 bus) and the popular Smash It Again (located in Concord)…but is there one in Charlotte? Not counting UNCC, there isn’t one! Well, welcome to the Charlotte Smashers (aka Charlotte Smash N Kart, though here I'm focusing on classic Smash lol). It’s going to be located at my house now because CPCC Harris Campus is closed on Saturday. Originally, going to be located at Central but it’s a little too difficult (Cato’s even more).

WARNING: You can't come upstairs. Stay in the living room. Sorry about that.

Games Playing:
Super Smash Bros. 64 (N64)
Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube)
Mario Kart 64 (N64)
Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)…sorry, no SSB4. Possible time constraints

Money Distribution:

Venue Fee – None! It’s absolutely free.
Bring your setups for Smash 64 and Melee (maybe MK64). There may be a lack of plugs in the area but I’ll figure out what to do though.

Event Fee - $3-5 per tournament entry
Super Smash Bros 64 is $3 to enter
Super Smash Bros Melee is $5 to enter
For those who are entering Mario Kart 64, the fee is $3 (as for Mario Kart 8, it’s $4)

The Payout – Depending on the entrants for the event, percentages of the pot will be broken up accordingly

<15
1st – 60%
2nd – 30%
3rd – 10%

15 - 25
1st – 55%
2nd – 30%
3rd – 15%

> 26
1st – 50%
2nd – 30%
3rd – 15%
4th – 5%

SSB64 Ruleset
  • 3 stocks, best of 3 games
  • For Semi-Finals and Finals, best of 5 matches, 3 stocks
  • Items are disabled
  • Dreamland and Hyrule Castle are only allowed, however Congo Jungle is the only Counterpick course

Melee Ruleset
THIS RULESET OF 3 MAY BE DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHER MELEE TOURNEYS.
  • 3 stocks, 8 minute time limit
  • Items are disabled
  • Playing as Master Hand, of course, is banned
  • A tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, the match is replayed, BUT only 1-stock!
  • The stage select will automatically be random so you don’t have to worry about choosing them.

The other rulesets that you guys don't really care about lol

Mario Kart 64 Ruleset
  • Best of 3 races, 150cc ONLY (not 50 or 100)
  • For Grand Finals, best of 5 races
  • Glitches are NOT allowed except for the KTB tunnel jump and any of the shroomspot area on grasses
  • All characters may be played
  • Wario Stadium and Rainbow Road are not allowed on any match except for the Finals due to time constraints
  • No course can be chosen twice in a row!

Mario Kart 8 Ruleset
  • Best of 3 races, 200cc, no CPU
  • Items are normal, no Frantic Mode!
  • Glitches are NOT allowed
  • Firehopping are allowed
  • All characters can be played.
  • NO DITTO CHARACTERS (I.e, Mario vs Mario, Waluigi vs Waluigi, etc)
  • The courses are going to be set to random.

Schedule:

12:00pm – Doors Open/Registration Starts
1:00 – Super Smash Bros Melee Singles Bracket Starts
1:15 – Mario Kart 64 Bracket Starts
3:00 – Smash Bros 64 Singles Bracket Starts
3:15 – Mario Kart 8 Bracket Starts
5:30 – Tournament ends / Shoutout to the top 3 winners

F

FennerGuy1992

also, can you guys move this to Atlantic South? Thanks. I don't know how to do it

UPDATE: To go to the building, you have to go to the main Harris Campus (not the second to the left). While you're inside, go all the way straight to Student Life, to your left. (For those who don't know where to go)

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FennerGuy1992

I'm just going to go ahead and bump this topic since it's almost time

matt_liner

Smash Rookie
The melee stages are only legal stages right? I only ask because of the arbitrary stock count.

brickman

Smash Lord
Hey. Glad to see a tournament for Melee closer to downtown Charlotte.

A question: Can you help me understand why the stock count is set at 3? I understand that there is a potential desire to be different from other tournaments to distinguish yourself, but in my opinion, and I'm sure it's an opinion widely shared, that the difference doesn't really improve the game play.

How flexible are you on the stock count? I think there would be a great deal more interest, myself included, in attending if the stock count was set at 4 per match. I think there are other ways that you can work to distinguish your tournament than to alter one of the most foundational of rules.

F

FennerGuy1992

Hey. Glad to see a tournament for Melee closer to downtown Charlotte.

A question: Can you help me understand why the stock count is set at 3? I understand that there is a potential desire to be different from other tournaments to distinguish yourself, but in my opinion, and I'm sure it's an opinion widely shared, that the difference doesn't really improve the game play.

How flexible are you on the stock count? I think there would be a great deal more interest, myself included, in attending if the stock count was set at 4 per match. I think there are other ways that you can work to distinguish your tournament than to alter one of the most foundational of rules.
Yeah it's rare to have one in downtown Charlotte especially in the westside area (near West Blvd and Morris Field Dr).
Tbh, it was due to possible time constraints and i wanted to speed up a bit on Smash matches. On the next Smash tournaments, I'll change it to Smashboards/APEX rules.
I'm flexible with 3-stock more than 4 and 5...I guess lol

F

FennerGuy1992

ATTENTION: It may be relocated because the Harris Campus will be closed on Saturday. Any ideas? Has to be in Charlotte, not anywhere else (i.e. Matthews, Pineville, concord, etc)

UPDATE: I need to make a video game club in order to make it work otherwise it'll cost me over $100! So it may be cancelled. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'll let you guys know

Last edited by a moderator:
F

FennerGuy1992

LOCATION CHANGED
It'll be located in the Mountain Island area in Charlotte NC! If you don't have a car, please take the #1 bus located on Bay Q at CTC. The bus stop is Mt Holly-Huntersville Road and Garron Point Drive, near the Senior Living Center and Sonic (tell the bus driver you are going to Sonic).

matt_liner

Smash Rookie
LOCATION CHANGED
It'll be located in the Mountain Island area in Charlotte NC! If you don't have a car, please take the #1 bus located on Bay Q at CTC. The bus stop is Mt Holly-Huntersville Road and Garron Point Drive, near the Senior Living Center and Sonic (tell the bus driver you are going to Sonic).[/QUOTE Do you have the address?

Top Bottom