• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Charlotte Smashers II

Charlotte Smashers II
Posted by FennerGuy1992
T-Man's House
Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 01:00 PM
Until: Saturday, March 19, 2016 - 07:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
F

FennerGuy1992

******IF YOU BRING YOUR TV w/ VCR, YOU DON'T HAVE TO PAY THE FEE. More likely, I will record the vids from Smash 64 and maybe Project M and Super Mario Kart******
You don't have to pay if you either spectate or play friendlies before it starts.
If you just bring your normal setup (without VCR), the fee will be waived from $3 to just $1

Sorry guys, I can't do it at CPCC Harris or UNCC...too much work.

Tournament Venue Fee: $3 (the fee will be taken to both Video Game World (so I can buy a few controllers) and Charlotte Area Transit (CATS) (for 10-ride local bus passes...if anyone's interested))

Games Playing:
- Super Smash Bros 64 (N64)
- Super Smash Bros Melee (GameCube)*
- Super Smash Bros Wii U (Wii U)
- Project M (Wii)

Other Games Playing:
- Super Mario Kart (Super NES)
- Mario Kart 64 (N64)*
- Mario Kart DS (DS)
- Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
- Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)*

* - $2.25 Money Match Specials
** - If you want to bring Melee 20XX or just Melee, that's fine. It'll be any dollar money match for that.

Event Fee:
- Smash Wii U Singles: $5 (max entrants: 32, sorry. Needed room)
- Project M Singles: $5 (max entrants: 32, sorry)
- Mario Kart DS: $3 (if you got the cartridge, you pay $2)
- Mario Kart 7: $3 (if you got the cartridge, you pay $2)
- Super Mario Kart: $3
- Super Smash Bros 64: $3
- Smash Wii U Amiibo: $1.50 (maximum is 2). 2 for $3

Super Smash Bros Wii U Rules (according to Smashboards)
• Game Settings: 3 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
• Items are disabled

Customs off and Miis 1111 + default size.
1-2-1 ban
2 bans for counterpicking.
1 ban for counterpicking on bo5

Starters:
Battlefield/Miiverse - count as same stage
Smashville
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Town & City

Counterpicks:
Dreamland
Kongo Jungle
Duck Hunt
Omega stages(count as FD for bans)

Project M Rules (according to Smashboards)
• Game Settings: 4 Stocks, 8 Minute Time Limit, Best of 3 Games. Finals are Best of 5.
• Items are disabled.
• Input buffer is disabled
• All chain grabs and infinites are legal
• Pause option is disabled in the game menu. If left on, accidental pausing mid match forfeits a stock.
• You may not choose the last stage you have won on during a set, unless agreed by both players.
• If time runs outs, the tie is determined by most stocks, and then if still tied, by percentage. If percentage is tied, a 1 stock, 3 minute match is played.
• Playing as Giga Bowser is banned

Stage List

Starter Stages
• Battlefield
• Smashville
• Pokemon Stadium 2
• Green Hill Zone
• Yoshi’s Story (Melee) [Singles Only]
• Distant Planet [Doubles Only]

Counter-Pick Stages
• Final Destination
• Dreamland (64)
• Fountain of Dreams
• Wario Land
• Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Super Smash Bros 64 rules

General Rules
* Game Settings: 5 Stocks, Best of 3 Games. Best of 5 Games for: Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, Losers Semis, Losers Finals and Grand Finals
Items are disabled.
* Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
* Accidental pausing results in a loss of the current stock and a restart of the match at the resulting stock counts. The opponent can choose to forego the restart
* Players may request that Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) not be used if Congo Jungle is the stage. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a color change if neither player have taken damage.
* Alternate or custom controllers/adapters such as a keyboard, Gamecube controller or a Hori Mini Pad are allowed. Players suspected of using turbo functions or other macros are subject to immediate disqualification.

Stage List
Neutral Stages
Dream Land (First match is always Dream Land)

Counter-Pick Stages
Congo Jungle
Peach's Castle
...and if both agreed, Hyrule

Super Smash Bros Wii U Amiibo 1v1
• Game Settings: 2 stocks
• Items are disabled.
• Double Elimination
• Omega stages are allowed only
- I don’t know much about the ruleset for Amiibo. I just use the ruleset Save Point Video Games use.

Super Mario Kart rules
Go to http://www.facebook.com/events/1075865255798520/

Mario Kart 7

Mario Kart DS

Schedule:
12:00pm – Doors Open/Registration Starts
1:00pm – Smash Wii U Singles Bracket
1:15pm – Super Mario Kart Singles Bracket
1:45pm – Sm4sh Amiibo Special (I’ll use the New 3DS XL)
2:15pm – Project M Singles Bracket
3:00pm – Mario Kart 7 Singles Bracket
3:15pm – Smash 64 Singles Bracket (replacing Tetris Attack)
3:45pm – Mario Kart DS Bracket
4:00pm – Money Match Specials (Melee**, MK64 and MK8)

F

FennerGuy1992

The tournament will move to Saturday, March 19th because the LordofBeaks will host Mute City VII on March 20th

F

FennerGuy1992

Hope you guys make it. I'm trying to make Charlotte Smashers be as popular as Matthews Smashers

F

FennerGuy1992

I'll try to be there
Okay cool. Remember, the venue is $3 (waived to $1 if you have your setup) and it'll be taken to Video Game World and Charlotte Transit...I'll split the venue in 50/50.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Okay cool. Remember, the venue is $3 (waived to $1 if you have your setup) and it'll be taken to Video Game World and Charlotte Transit...I'll split the venue in 50/50.
What's the name of the venue and how many set ups do u need?

F

FennerGuy1992

What's the name of the venue and how many set ups do u need?
The name of the venue is T-Man's House. It goes to Video Game World and Charlotte Transit, but a 50/50 split if the venue total is $42 or more.
I need at least three. I already got a big screen TV for Project M and a couple of flat screen TVs for Super Mario Kart and Smash 4.

PLUS, ALL GAMES ARE FOR POWER RANKINGS!

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
The name of the venue is T-Man's House. It goes to Video Game World and Charlotte Transit, but a 50/50 split if the venue total is $42 or more.
I need at least three. I already got a big screen TV for Project M and a couple of flat screen TVs for Super Mario Kart and Smash 4.

PLUS, ALL GAMES ARE FOR POWER RANKINGS!
Ok cool. In which case, I'll try to bring at least 1 setup(Wii+Tv). I would bring my Wii U but unfortunately I do not have all DLC characters and stages.

F

FennerGuy1992

Hey, it's all good. I got all DLC material on mine...and since you're bringing your setup, it's $1
What are the 9 games you gonna play btw...so I'll make sure when you come, you'll be added on the roster?

F

FennerGuy1992

Just all 4 Smash titles. Maybe MK8
Good choice, sir. Remember on Melee and MK8, It's part of Money Match Specials. So Melee is $1+ and Mario Kart 8 is $2.25+ for Power Rankings (or if you want, $1)
Good luck man and I'll see you tomorrow. I'll probably open the registration at as early as 11:15a because I'll be back home from Callabridge Commons Wal-Mart around 10:30am

McDom

Smash Rookie
Hey, is there anyway I can contact you so I can ask a few questions?
If not,
When does smash 4 start?
And when does registration open for that?

F

FennerGuy1992

REGISTRATION OPENS. NOBODY SHOWED UP. I'M GOING TO PULL THE PLUG ON ALL SMASH GAMES (EXCEPT 64 and maybe Brawl) IF LESS THAN 5 showed up

Top Bottom