• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CHARLOTTE AREA Play N Trade Tourneys 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, & 10/25

Dagani

Smash Cadet
There are 4 tournaments coming up in the Charlotte area.

On Saturday Oct. 4th, the Play N Trade at the Carolina Pavilion will be hosting the first of the month's tournaments at 3pm.

On Saturday Oct. 11th, the Play N Trade at the Blakeney Shopping Center will be hosting the second tournament at 4pm.

On Saturday Oct. 18th, the Play N Trade at the Ayrsley Shopping Center will host the third tournament at 3pm.

The top 8 players from each store will be invited to the Grand Finals tournament to be held at one of the Charlotte Play N Trade locations. The Grand Finals will have a prize of $500 store credit. [if one person is in the top 8 in more than 1 tournament, that person can have more than one spot in the grand final.]

Try to show up by about 2:30pm for these, registration and what not can take awhile.

If you want the tourneys to move faster and have every stage and character unlocked, we don't mind have an extra Wii or two around the store.

Entry fees for the first three tournaments will be $10 in advance and $15 the day of the tourney.

Rules will be:

3 stock
No items
7 min

Matches will be best of 3 with standard SBR counterpicking rules in place:

Blind picks for the first round with the stage picked randomly
Loser of match picks stage for next match
Winner of match picks character for next match
Loser of match picks character for next match
Rinse. Repeat.

Finals will be best of 5.

Tournaments will use 4 neutral stages(stage picks in the counterpicking stage must be one of these 4):

Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

For more information contact any of our locations:

Carolina Pavilion - 704.551.0639
Blakeney - 704.749.1540
Ayrsley - 704.499.9496

I'm at work but will try to check back and answer any questions ASAP.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
There are 4 tournaments coming up in the Charlotte area.

On Saturday Oct. 4th, the Play N Trade at the Carolina Pavilion will be hosting the first of the month's tournaments at 3pm.

On Saturday Oct. 11th, the Play N Trade at the Blakeney Shopping Center will be hosting the second tournament at 3pm.

On Saturday Oct. 18th, the Play N Trade at the Ayrsley Shopping Center will host the third tournament at 3pm.

The top 8 players from each store will be invited to the Grand Finals tournament to be held at one of the Charlotte Play N Trade locations. The Grand Finals will have a prize of $500 store credit. [if one person is in the top 8 in more than 1 tournament, that person can have more than one spot in the grand final.]
A couple questions:

Could you post address for the play n trades locations? I'm not very familiar with the charlotte area so with an address I could just google map it.

how's the prize distribution for the finals? Is it 500 first or something like 300 first, 150 second and 50 third.

Also how would it work if you have two spots in the finals. Like wouldn't you have to play yourself causing problems. Or is there something special you guys are doing to get around it.

Sorry for all the questions. Just curious.

Dagani

Smash Cadet
I'll get those addresses for the other two stores ASAP.

Sorry about the short notice guys, I kind of slacked off.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
lol Ryan's planning on being in the top 8 grand finals 4 times.

1 handed brawling yourself simultaneously, twice. Losers and winner's finals.

Dagani

Smash Cadet
@Joe: Unfortunately these are single elimination. Ayrsley is on South Tryon. The finals are 10/25...I can't believe I forgot to type that in the first one.

@Ryan:

Alrighty, the Blakeney address is:

9816 Rea Road
Charlotte, NC 28277

And the Ayrsley address is:

2016 Ayrsley Town Boulevard
Charlotte, NC 28273

Dagani

Smash Cadet
Results for the frist two tourneys are up:

Carolina Pavilion ::

1st - Peter
2nd - Sanketh
Mike
Eric
Brent
Steven

Blakeney ::

1st - Ali
2nd - Sanketh
Matt
Peter
Alex
Mike
Eric
Bailey

^-- no the Eric's in there aren't me. I can't play in these :(.

Looks like we're gonna have a couple repeats in the grand finals.

Dagani

Smash Cadet
Hey, if anyone going to the Ayrsley tournament wants to bring a Wii along, that'd be really awesome.

No one told me until just a few minutes ago that they need to track down a few extra Wii's so that the whole tourney doesn't take place on one TV.

Let us know if you can, I'll see if we can arrange something for you in return.

Post it here or call the store and talk to Blake, or whoever is there, I suppose.

Thanks in advance, we hope to see a good turnout tomorrow. It's the last chance for a spot in the grand finals.

Dagani

Smash Cadet
Okay, Arysley winners, with a grand total of 4 participants!

Joe C
Storm
Sean
Alberta

The Grand Finals will be held at the Carolina Pavilion (South blvd) location at 3pm this Saturday (10/25).

Winners will be notified by phone shortly, though if you know one of them and see them before Saturday, go ahead and remind them, too.

The Grand Finals will be double elimination. 3 stock. No items.

Same stages as before.

The Director

Smash Lord
I heard differently on Saturday. I was told that because of the low turnout, the grand prize will be "somehere in the hundreds". That's still pretty good, but I don't know what that does for 2nd and 3rd place.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't suppose theres anyway to pay like double entry fee and get in without going to the other tournaments?

Dagani

Smash Cadet
Joe: No one mentioned that to me. *sigh* They really need to let me know ahead of time next time they want to have a tournament.

I'll try to see if we can have something kind of like we do at GamersEdge, but they don't have to know about the cash pot...

Ryan: Unfortunately, no there isn't. Which means it's going to be a pretty lame bracket with several holes.

Still can't believe how low the turnout was for this thing. Guess that's what happens when you decide to hold something like this about a week and a half before it starts...

Top Bottom